Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 06:26 PM

We should be proud......

...Of the 14 billion in foreign aid we give away annually.

Yes Penny, we are very proud of:

The failing NHS
Lack of Police
Pensioners who can't turn on the heating
People living on the streets
Potholes on the roads to the point it's like being in a rally on the way to work.

...While you squander 14 billion of the taxpayers money.
You people are so demonstrably detached from the electorate, it's quite staggering....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-minister.html
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 07:06 PM

Re: We should be proud......

Quote, ‘As we leave the EU we must deliver on the promise of Brexit to the world’s poorest, and demonstrate how our new freedoms are mutually beneficial…’

Poor countries stay poor because of conflict and corruption, can anyone be sure how much aid gets to those in need.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 07:06 PM

Well said Fender!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Quote, ‘As we leave the EU we must deliver on the promise of Brexit to the world’s poorest, and demonstrate how our new freedoms are mutually beneficial…’

Poor countries stay poor because of conflict and corruption, can anyone be sure how much aid gets to those in need.
Very little from what i've read, but those above still refuse to see it!
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 08:09 PM

I have always said charity begins at home its terrible the way they send all this money to other countries when we have all these problems here. i mean we can't even afford to have the street lights on its a bloody joke the way they run this country.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Very little from what i've read, but those above still refuse to see it!
Would it make any difference if you were convinced all the aid we donate got to those in need or do you just object to giving aid to those in need in principle, whether it helps them or not?

I think doubting if aid gets to those it is intended for is often used as an excuse by those who just don't want to give it.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
I have always said charity begins at home its terrible the way they send all this money to other countries when we have all these problems here. i mean we can't even afford to have the street lights on its a bloody joke the way they run this country.
This is a wealthy country and there would be plenty of cash to keep the street lights on and send help to those in desperate need if it weren't being siphoned off by those in control and their chums.

If this aid were stopped tomorrow the money saved still wouldn't be spent on the police, pensioners, NHS, homeless, potholes, street lighting etc, it wold get trousered by those who take the lion's share now. Unless you change the system, blaming foreign aid for lack of funds for those things is aiming at the wrong target.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 08:18 PM

And it looks like we are going to support a war in Syria....Another bloody great black hole.
twizzle
somerset

13-04-2018, 08:21 PM

That's our chosen role as the US' poodle. They'll find money for that, of course.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

13-04-2018, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Would it make any difference if you were convinced all the aid we donate got to those in need or do you just object to giving aid to those in need in principle, whether it helps them or not?

I think doubting if aid gets to those it is intended for is often used as an excuse by those who just don't want to give it.
Lets get something straight.
No, I would not give 1p unless necessary. Charity begins at home.
Do YOU think it's ok that some pensioners are unable to turn on their heating, or have to choose between heat or eat?, whilst we squander 14 billion a year?

There is nothing stopping us from having a £0.00 foreign aid budget. We could make payments ad-hoc according to whatever disasters may strike, and if we feel we need to send aid.
The issue is, the great ones above have made this a "commitment". To the point where they "have" to spend it, so are looking around for "good causes".

Do YOU think it's ok to give Pakistan 850 million per year when we are fully aware they are a terrorist training ground, harbour terrorists and have a nuclear programme?

The African spice girls were a great example of how to "get rid" of some money because they"needed to"

PATHETIC!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top