Join for free
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 10:20 AM

Re: Missile Strikes launched against Syria tonight

Have I got this wrong?
The chemical attack was against the rebels. Rebels in my book means naughty people, or not complying to the rules.
Have I or someone else lost the plot?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The chemical used in the last attack was chlorine, readily available to all.

Iran does not use Chemical Weapons,it is totally opposed to them.

This is because suffered over 100,000 Casualties from Chemical Weapons attacks from Saddam Hussein when Saddam was our friend and we stood idly by and let him use them on Iran.

The Iranians are still treating 30,000 survivors for the long term effects of these attacks.

Russia and Iran have done more, in a shorter time to wipe out ISIS then the West did in years.

It is my view that this attack, coming the day before the International Chemical Weapons arrive in Syria to investigate the Chemical Attack in Syria,will result in both Russia and Iran becoming even more determined to keep Assad in power.
As I said in another thread, Trump supports Putin's aims in Syria to destroy ISIS.

That isn't the issue here.

Assad used chemical weapons.

The UN are clear that is unacceptable.

It has given the West a nice little opportunity to flex its military capability..........just so the Russians know we're still in the game !!

Thanks for that Assad!!

As I said earlier in this thread.....great speech from Trump.

As for Parliament.....no offence but this is serious shit and we need strong government.

What we don't need is Corbyn, Cable et al grandstanding in Westminster........They are NOT the Gov't!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 10:59 AM

Disappointing and pointless for us. Meddling again for no good reason. Or maybe someone here knows why we are involved?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I doubt the missile strikes will have done any good at all, just increased the tension in that region. Trump is an idiot and as much danger to this planet as Putin, imo. Britain and France were crazy to get involved.
Spot on ... I usually criticise the US for having the arrogance to assume they are the world's policeman.

I now include May.
She's a short-sighted prat. We all mistakenly though Boris Johnson had no equal.
As with other world leaders she seems to believe that solving problems at home is done by attacking elsewhere to boost her image on the world stage.
As a PM I regret that we've got saddled with her.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
She's looking very shifty!
She always looks like that. It's the eyes. They're dead.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

14-04-2018, 12:01 PM

As a point of interest.

Did the Saudi's suffer any repercussions when they led airstrikes into Yemen and were responsible for the death of 68 civilians last year?
Or was it not deemed a good political moved to stop the flow of Saudi cash backhanders?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 12:11 PM

I am surprised that JBR has not told us that France's contribution was to engage reverse gear.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 12:13 PM

On a slightly different train of thought, when we have hundreds/thousands of injured people here from the retaliation, where will they be taken for treatment?
Our hospitals and A & E's are bursting at the seams before this even starts.
Only the leaders who are causing the fighting will get medical care, we will be left to die.

If Trump, Putin and Assad want to fight, stick 'em in an arena, see what balls they have without back-up. Man to man, and let 'em fight to the death if they want - but leave us out of it.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

14-04-2018, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Have I got this wrong?
The chemical attack was against the rebels. Rebels in my book means naughty people, or not complying to the rules.
Have I or someone else lost the plot?
Think of it this way ..
There's a big festering vat of slurry called the ME and if you carefully lift the crust of scum and peek down you see bubbling underneath ...

The Assad regime fighting the rebels.
Whilst clearing out the final rebel strongholds Assad is accused of using chemical weapons and civilians suffered so there is a world outcry.
In theory, from a moralistic viewpoint it sounds great and only right that someone bigger goes and bombs his alleged chemical storage and production plants.
Sounds great on a PM and Presidents resume. A job well done .. the world can rejoice.

In reality.
There is no proof that Assad is guilty. But it is true that the civil war is drawing to it's final stages .. and Assad (with Russia's help) has won it. For this reason he had no motive to draw the wrath of the world upon his head.

This airstrike will now weaken him and allow any remaining rebels to regroup, as I'm sure they did whilst Assad has been busy relocating his forces out of harms way the last couple of days.
The Rebels are the winners and they're backed by the USA led coalition. It left Assad fighting on two fronts. Three if you count that he's mopped up a lot of Isis too. (with Russia's help).
US has always hankered after regime change, as they did with Gadaffi and Saddam. A US who might have preferred a fractured post-war Syria and still want one.
A US hand in glove with the Saudi's who hate Iran (friend to Syria) who only a couple of days ago sealed an 18 BN deal with France's Macron, so he had to join in to show the world where his allegiance lies.

The Syrian people are not the winners here. They're the losers along with Assad.
Remnants of Isis and the rebels are the winners.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 12:21 PM

Ditto Mups....I was brought up with food rationing and can remember gas masks hanging up in the hall...to say it's all very disconcerting is an understatement.

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top