Join for free
Page 17 of 24 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 07:02 PM

Re: The Windrush Debacle

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I quite like Amber Rudd. I don't see this as her fault because it's been brewing for years, although of course she has no choice but to now take the blame.
Quite like her?

C'mon Annie, she's as useless a Home Secretary as TM was.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
Whats having ancestors who were slaves got to do with anything?

They could have applied for passports under the 1971 Immigration Act some chose to, others didnt.
Yee they could.
I know loads of Carribean people who travel back to the Carribean for holidays ( but return to the uk )
I lived in the Carribean for many years and traveled back and forth so met many of them .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's not "less than satisfactory" but disgraceful. Your friend may have been fortunate but many people who came from these countries have not been so happy here, facing discrimination and marginalisation. Many of these people had ancestors who were enslaved by British landowners. So it's not like they should be made to feel grateful for being here an having a better life in the UK.
Life's if you are poor in the Carribean isn't always so grand either .
Many people who came to Britain liked it and stayed here until they retired when they returned to their country.
If you want to give people the slave guilt trip start with the Royal Family most ordinary people are not descendants of slave owning landowners.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 07:43 PM

OK will try to explain my thoughts on this debacle.

It seems that Children of the Windrush generation got if they applied for a passport got one.

In a lot of cases in the late 80s if their children applied for a passport then in a few cases they were refused.

Ok so far.

Seems to me what happened under May in the coalition Gov with the influx of Illegals they instructed the Immigration Dept to do some about it.

So it was to attack the weakest.

I see that May has admitted after weeks of denying it the Immigration had quotes in their deportation of ILLEGAL Immigrants.

Seems they used Black UK citizen to fill these quotes.

Rudd has to resign over these disgusting racists acts by the Civil Servants and they should be sacked as well
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 08:30 PM

Thing is Galty, they are all in the scratch each others back, non accountable club aren't they.

It sickens me that we can have so many brain dead cretins in the Government, in charge of local authorities etc, but no-one is ever accountable, or brought to task.

Look how long ago the Rotherham child abuse scandal was for example, yet they are still fannying around. Council members & some members of the Police should be in jail over that right now.

This country is run & "managed" by unaccountable overpaid morons.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Many people who came to Britain liked it and stayed here until they retired when they returned to their country.
If you want to give people the slave guilt trip start with the Royal Family most ordinary people are not descendants of slave owning landowners.
Descendants of serfdom are not being asked to leave Britain. I don't know whether serfs were whipped or manacled or raped at the time of serfdom, but their descendants certainly weren't being openly abused or denied their choice of housing because of the colour of their skin in the last century.

There is a "slave guilt trip" and it is what's driving the emotions of this situation both in the house of commons and on the streets. You can disagree with it all you like but there it is.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Quite like her?

C'mon Annie, she's as useless a Home Secretary as TM was.
Ok I admit I don't know much about her abilities, but I do feel sorry for her because she looks as if she's about to burst into tears when being questioned.....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

26-04-2018, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->

This country is run & "managed" by unaccountable overpaid morons.
Hey I thought that was the EU?!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 10:05 PM

Yee they could.
I know loads of Carribean people who travel back to the Carribean for holidays ( but return to the uk )
I lived in the Carribean for many years and traveled back and forth so met many of them .
Are they very wealthy?
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 09:43 AM

Quite. Most people liked it so much here and enjoyed a much better standard of living than in their homeland that they have stayed ever since. My friend used to show me photos of her home in the West Indies and it was just a shack. Dont forget there was no tourism industry out there in the 50s and 60s so it really was poor.

Page 17 of 24 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top