Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 05:39 PM

Daughter's birthday gift.

It my daughters birthday today and although I wished her happy birthday I won't get to see her till Saturday.

I've been really flummoxed about what to get her for a gift.
I've been thinking of getting her some freshwater pearls as I've always like them for being differently coloured and shaped. I did buy some lovely pink and white blended coloured ones many years ago for a girlfriend who really liked them

Charlotte is 23 today and although I agree that normal pearls are probably a bit old for her do you think that the coloured freshwater type would be age suitable.

Any opinions or suggestions please.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 05:43 PM

Re: Daughter's birthday gift.

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
It my daughters birthday today and although I wished her happy birthday I won't get to see her till Saturday.

I've been really flummoxed about what to get her for a gift.
I've been thinking of getting her some freshwater pearls as I've always like them for being differently coloured and shaped. I did buy some lovely pink and white blended coloured ones many years ago for a girlfriend who really liked them

Charlotte is 23 today and although I agree that normal pearls are probably a bit old for her do you think that the coloured freshwater type would be age suitable.

Any opinions or suggestions please.
I think that would be a lovely gift and she could wear them with most outfits.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 06:02 PM

I can't speak for you daughter, but my dad bought me a fur coat when I was 19. I haven't worn it for years, owing to the objections to the Fur industry..... but I would never part with it because it was a special present from my dad and a lovely memory every time I open my wardrobe.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 08:59 PM

What a lovely thought MC

Even if your daughter doesn't wear them often,or even yet, it's a heartfelt gift from her father...and therefore one she will keep and treasure
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 08:37 AM

Lovely idea
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 08:42 AM

I think what MC is asking is would pearls be appropriate according to her age. I don't know the answer but I have always thought of pearls being for the more mature lady.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think what MC is asking is would pearls be appropriate according to her age. I don't know the answer but I have always thought of pearls being for the more mature lady.
I think we understand that but, as none of us know her, so it would be impossible to say.
I always think a gift is nice if it is useful, but in that case I would prefer the money to choose it myself. On the other hand, a gift that is given with love ( even if you would not have chosen it yourself) is always precious as a memory of that person.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Freshwater pearls are a bit different, Dongles, and, I would imagine, suitable for any age. THey are such interesting shapes and colours - not your conventional 'twin set and tweedy' image at all.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 08:55 AM

My late father gave me some fresh water pearls not long before he died, pearls aren't something I would ever wear, so I have given them away to a person who liked them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Freshwater pearls are a bit different, Dongles, and, I would imagine, suitable for any age. THey are such interesting shapes and colours - not your conventional 'twin set and tweedy' image at all.
I suppose that's what I envisaged tbh. I have never really been into jewellery.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top