Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 08:02 PM

Can You Think Of One Thing, Out Of All The Others, That Your Mother Did For You?

I remember, my mother always used to switch my electric blanket on before l got in, on a freezing cold night.
It was wonderful!

Can you think of something that your mother used to do for you? Or, your father, if you like?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 08:24 PM

Re: Can You Think Of One Thing, Out Of All The Others, That Your Mother Did For You?

Birth.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 08:25 PM

Re: Can You Think Of One Thing, Out Of All The Others, That Your Mother Did For You?

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Birth.

Nice one!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 08:38 PM

Erm, racking my brains.....

Memory says No.

I do remember one thing though, on occasions dad dried me from the bath, I remember him drying in between my toes.

Oh and one other, I loved the way he made the beds. Sheets made tight across the bed and tight under the mattress, perfectly made up. It was a joy to slide under the sheets without moving them. All safe and secure in my bed.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

25-04-2018, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Erm, racking my brains.....

Memory says No.

I do remember one thing though, on occasions dad dried me from the bath, I remember him drying in between my toes.

Oh and one other, I loved the way he made the beds. Sheets made tight across the bed and tight under the mattress, perfectly made up. It was a joy to slide under the sheets without moving them. All safe and secure in my bed.
Gosh! Pesta. Your dad was good! In those days, it was usually the woman that did everything!!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Gosh! Pesta. Your dad was good! In those days, it was usually the woman that did everything!!
He had to, but only when he wasn't working or on nights. Mum was in 'mental ill health'.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

25-04-2018, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
He had to, but only when he wasn't working or on nights. Mum was in 'mental ill health'.
Oh no! Pesta.
You mean, she wasn’t always at home but in a hospital?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

25-04-2018, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Oh no! Pesta.
You mean, she wasn’t always at home but in a hospital?
Yes.... regularly sectioned. Nightmare for my dad really I suppose.
When not in hospital, she was a zombie on meds.

Anyway. Moving on - not really many 'mummy' memories of her. There are some though, so not all doom and gloom
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 09:16 PM

If I was scared during a thunderstorm
my mum would sit on my bed and stroke my forehead soothingly until I fell asleep.
I felt so safe and secure

I did it with my children
And they remember it too
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 09:16 PM

She used to cover for me, although it grieved her.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top