Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 09:19 PM

Re: Can You Think Of One Thing, Out Of All The Others, That Your Mother Did For You?

My dad used to let me stand on his feet as he walked
It was a great feeling...It used to make my brothers and I helpless with laughter. He also used to let me move his face and he would try to stick in the shapes I was pulling it into!

Later on he helped me make sense of Physics and Chemistry
Not an easy task!
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 09:26 PM

Re: Can You Think Of One Thing, Out Of All The Others, That Your Mother Did For You?

My mum taught me how to make Bechamel sauce which is a basis for many dishes and Belgian mayonnaise with 1 raw egg, oil, salt and pepper and a tiny drip of vinegar at the end. A fluffy light tasting mayo that beats shop bought hands down.

My Belgian Granny taught my mum how to cook as my Dads side of the family were Belgians.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 09:37 PM

I have wonderful memories of how loving my mother was and how she was always ready with hugs. My mother made me into a serial hugger, I love to hug and be hugged. God rest my Mothers soul, I miss her so much
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I remember, my mother always used to switch my electric blanket on before l got in, on a freezing cold night.
It was wonderful!

Can you think of something that your mother used to do for you? Or, your father, if you like?
Gave birth to me - her responsibilities ended there.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 10:40 PM

My Mum was the best Mum in the world. We never appreciated just how many special things she always did for us. One I will always remember though....

We seven children went to the local Catholic Convent School. Once a year, the Nuns would hire a couple of coaches to take us kids out for the day to the seaside.(usually Rhyl). Two Nuns went on each coach to accompany the kids for the day. Unfortunately for them, my mum was having none of it. Despite protestations from the Nuns that we would be perfectly safe, she told them bluntly that there was no way she was going to allow her seven babies to roam around a strange place without her or their dad, and she was coming too!. She was the only Mum ever allowed to go on the coach. We didn't mind though. we would have the back seats, Mum would bring lots of goodies for us, Once we were there and racing for the beach, she would be sitting there by the sea wall, patiently waiting until we had had enough and now ready to head for the fairground. But first it would involve towel drying all of us with a towel that she brought along, then buy us ice-creams,

She then took us to the fairground, sat on a seat right in the centre where she knew we would all find our way easily to her. She sat there for hours with our jackets and coats, drummed it into us that she would be there all the time and wouldn't move, so we were able to traipse back and forward from our exciting time at the fair whilst she just sat there, guarding us from as near as she possibly could.

Then when it was time to leave, she would buy all of us a huge candyfloss.before heading to the coach station, where everyone was, I don't think she ever relaxed until we were all safely back on the coach and heading home.

it was only when we grew up and she was suddenly gone, did we realise just how much she really was a very special, beautiful on the inside as well as out, lovely Mum. I still miss her so much.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 10:58 PM

Aww SG
That was lovely
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 11:00 PM

What a wonderful Mum SG !
I loved my Mum but thinking of her is painful .
She taught me how to make little fairy cakes .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 06:28 AM

When I was at school, we all waited for my dad to come home, so we could eat our evening meal together.

On cold days I would get home from school and be absolutely frozen.... but I would always find a small bowl of warm soup waiting, that my mum had prepared for me. Scotch broth was my favourite!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 07:00 AM

Unfortunately I don't have those happy memories because like pesta my mum was often absent. I did love my mum when I was little though ..I suppose she taught me how to survive and she gave me standards I still keep today.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 07:55 AM

My mother was bitterly disappointed when I was born a third girl when she desperately wanted a son so as a consequence I felt unloved and unwanted.
My father made it up to me though.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top