Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 08:02 AM

Re: Can You Think Of One Thing, Out Of All The Others, That Your Mother Did For You?

Ahh , my lovely mum she had a hard life with dad . Life was not nice at home so I left home at 16 yrs and 3 month and was left to get on with it . I turned to others for help and support . I didn't see much of mum throughout my life as she was a agraphobic and had problems leaving the house for long periods . I lived hundreds of miles away so only got to see her every couple of years or so . I missed her and cried , I longed to be closer to her . She died of cancer when I was 45ish , I couldn't even be with her to help as I had family commitments . When I was at the funeral waiting outside the house the hurse arrived carrying her coffin , I could feel the pull in my stomach of the invisible umbilical cord from me to her a physical attachment .

My mum gave me her sense of humour and many memories
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 08:55 AM

Re: Can You Think Of One Thing, Out Of All The Others, That Your Mother Did For You?

I am told the last thing my mother did for me before she died was to spend a night changing my cot and washing my sheets.
I had been ill all night because I couldn't tolerate cows milk and National Dried milk was in short supply during rationing.
She had a brain haemorrhage and died at the bottom of the stairs.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am told the last thing my mother did for me before she died was to spend a night changing my cot and washing my sheets.
I had been ill all night because I couldn't tolerate cows milk and National Dried milk was in short supply during rationing.
She had a brain haemorrhage and died at the bottom of the stairs.
That is so sad Meg, but I am glad somebody told you about the last thing she did for you, because it portrays a mum who loved and cared for her baby.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 11:52 AM

There were a lot of things, which made me determined not to be like her. However, one which stands out is promising to listen to my children when they consider I should no longer be driving. My mother was still driving in her late 80s in spite of being a menace on the road, partly due to the onset of dementia. It took a lot of persuasion to convince her doctor to inform the authorities she was no longer fit to drive. Mother never forgave my siblings and I for that and kept demanding we took her to buy a new car until the day she died!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Gave birth to me - her responsibilities ended there.
Pretty much the same here. In fact her other responsibilities, my younger siblings, of which there were five, also became my responsibilitie. I never had a childhood far too busy bringing up and looking after my brothers and sisters. Did I resent it, too right I did. Did I resent my siblings, no not at all, it wasn't their fault.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 12:06 PM

My mum taught me that if you look really hurt people do things for you!
She used to make people feel guilty to get her own way.
I don't think I've mastered it yet, though!
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 01:06 PM

my mum taught me how to never swear --but never worked ...she show me honesty tho'''
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 03:47 PM

Cooked my Bacon suet pudding - delicious!!!
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 08:59 PM

I just thought of this today as my Spinal Stenosis has been aching aggressively since last Saturday...

When I was a kid...I quite often had "growing pains" during the night. Mum never made me feel that I was putting her out, when waking her up. She would get the Sloane's Liniment...and rub it lovingly on my legs until I could fall asleep... Gosh, I miss my mum and love her so much...
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 09:01 PM

She taught me to cook pretty well, not as good as her but still competent.

My mum was 92 on April 5th.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top