Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 11:23 PM

Re: One for the guys

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
It's still saying the same, you're twicking me ain't ya

Aha, I can see there's no flies on you young Pesta.
All done - I think.
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 02:50 AM

I use an electric razor for clean up only around my chin and around mouth. Otherwise, "Harry's" razors all the way with Barbasol cream. Full beard and/or moustache on and off from High School into my 30s. Now clean shaven only.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 04:02 AM

I don't like electric/battery shavers because they irritate my skin. They also have a tendency to 'nik' the skin if you're not careful and that hurts like hell.

I'm happy with a wet shave using a Gillette Mach 3 razor and gel.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 08:54 AM

I have tried various methods but always come back to a wet shave with foam (not gel). I found the electric razor would always result in a nice shaving rash although I have not tried the wet electric razors.

I buy disposables which, if I'm honest, is a bit of a lottery. Most of them work only once or twice but sometimes you get a champion razor which will go on and on for a few weeks.

Mups, I started shaving at about sixteen I think. I remember at seventeen (at the time I was taking driving lessons), I had had a particularly monsterous shave resulting in a rash and spots so I slapped a ton of Germolene cream on my neck then got told off for stinking the car out.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 10:11 AM

Wet shave for me, i found the Electric razors just ineffective giving a poor quality finish.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 11:03 AM

I found shaving with a razor blade and foam gave me a rash when I first started shaving, so got a Philishave razor and have mostly kept using that.

I had a full beard for many years but decided start shaving again when I was about 50 and have been clean-shaven ever since.

I used a rather expensive Braun electric shaver for a while. It was OK (if a bit noisy) but I went back to the rotary blade Philishave razor in the end.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 11:04 AM

Wet n dry for me use the same blades for both .
Depends on the time I have to do this maintenance task.
Tried an electric shaver once think its still in a bedroom drawer or some place in the house.Just did not like it made my face sore.
I remember using Brut once did not like the smell think that was the time Barry Sheen was splashing it about with Our Henry.

These days because of my lung problems it would not be a good idea to use smelly aftershave and I certainly would not have it in me to do the slap face dance..
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 11:36 AM

My husband uses an electric shaver, which seems to do the business for him very well.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 12:34 PM

Shaving? What's that?

The whole point of having a beard is to save the time and trouble of shaving.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 12:56 PM

I've always preferred a wet shave, but nowadays only need the occasional clean-up around the beard with a beard trimmer.
I was really ginger as a youngster so I started shaving early to avoid the bright red hairs that sprouted on my chin. Luckily the colour is more sandy than scarlet nowadays!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top