Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 01:46 PM

Re: So why are you all.

If you go to garden centres on a Sunday especially, you see loads of silver haired folk out for Sunday lunch, smiling amd spending loads.
I think having someone to share your life with, even part-time helps.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Is disposable income of £10,000p.a. after tax only or does it mean disposable income after all the bills have been paid - i.e. money in your pocket to do whatever you want with. I am never sure.
Aerolor 'Net income' is after tax, to my understanding 'disposable income' is what is left after the main bills utilities/rates etc are paid.

I actually wouldn't want a high disposable income , I pride myself on managing on very little and enjoy the challenge.

My son gets cross because I put on a jumper instead of the heating which he offered to pay. I have managed on next to nothing all my life and can't change now.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 02:19 PM

I'm financially OK (so far) but other factors make me grumpy sometimes, especially since I feel those factors ought to be going away at my time of life instead of continuing.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 03:27 PM

I'm lucky if I get 10000 pence, I'm not in receipt of State Pension yet and am not working either, and don't get benefits either.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 03:56 PM

Thank you Meg.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 08:45 PM

Many retired people do not even get £10.00.00 per year
If relying on the very low State Pension @£125. 95 and you own a modest terraced house that you have scrimped and made sacrifices to buy from your meagre wages, it is hard to exist without help or subsidies, and luxuries out of the question.
That amount is not enough to cover Food ,Electricity Gas and the repairs and renewals of many household items, as these days they are no longer built to last
No wonder people suffer from loneliness, go to Food banks and never buy New clothes.

Why do Civil Servants who work in plush offices and live in Substantial homes with many tax free perks think that £125.95 is enough to live on
How do they quantify this when they are eating in expensive restaurants. probably their expense accounts tax free.
The Pension should be at least £200 per week tax free
And the minimum wage should be £10.00 per hour. Of course there will be a moans and groans from some Companies saying the costs of production will increase to the public. What piffle!
Many Companies make huge profits on the backs of their worker who get the minimum wage to keep the Shareholders happy
There ought to be a law that after Tax if the net profit is more than £million it should be shared with the worker s pro rata
Some store already do profit sharing like John Lewis .

It shoul be made compulsary.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I dont even get £10,000 PA, i want a pay rise.

I know, let's go on strike for more money and longer holidays..
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 09:35 PM

I am not grumpy
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
So why are you all.

So Grumpy.
Who's grumpy?

I'm certainly not grumpy.

Sarcastic, certainly, but not grumpy.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 09:39 PM

Just keep grafting, such deliberations are for the idle.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top