Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 08:13 PM

I just woke up..

Went for a siesta around noon and woke up at 7pm. How will I sleep tonight?

I may just try and get a couple of hours between 2 and 6 am if I'm tired. Everything feels backwards as it's getting dark outside.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 08:15 PM

Re: I just woke up..

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Went for a siesta around noon and woke up at 7pm. How will I sleep tonight?
You will be fine Dreamy.
Just stay up until you are tired.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 08:21 PM

My mind is half on the chemo which isn't until next Wednesday - mustn't worry about it but it's easier said than done.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 08:31 PM

My mind is half on the chemo which isn't until next Wednesday - mustn't worry about it but it's easier said than done.
I know, but why don't you write a diary about the fun things you have done in your life Dreamy?
You have some great stories.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 08:36 PM

I think I would go to bed at the normal time (or maybe a bit later). Take a book to read or watch the TV in bed, or listen to music. That way you will still be relaxing Ffosse, whether you sleep or not. You may well fall asleep naturally after a while you are not thinking about having to sleep. That's what I do whether I have napped during the day or not.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

26-04-2018, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I think I would go to bed at the normal time (or maybe a bit later). Take a book to read or watch the TV in bed, or listen to music. That way you will still be relaxing Ffosse, whether you sleep or not. You may well fall asleep naturally after a while you are not thinking about having to sleep. That's what I do whether I have napped during the day or not.
Thanks. I'll probably go to bed around 2 and listen to some podcasts with my new headphones. I find I often fall asleep with long podcasts.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 08:45 PM

Sry,

I've not kept up in some respects. I've had chemo and so have others here.
What are you worried about?
It's not pleasant by any means, but not the end of the world either.

I'm sure you'll be ok buddy.......
We are all here for you I'm sure.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 08:46 PM

You will be fine Ffosse,what chemo are you having do you know ? I dont sleep much,just cant settle in bed,my breathing gets bad then I think I panic a bit,so I spend the nights in my recliner chair downstairs,I can lower the back quite a lot and have the leg rest up,not much different to being propped up in bed,I have the TV. controller to hand and flick through the channels,often falling asleep watching something,if I cant settle I go to the kitchen and make a warm drink,maybe a bickie,then try to settle again
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

26-04-2018, 08:54 PM

It's called R-CHOP, chemo for my non Hodgkins Lymphoma. This will be my 3rd session out of 6.

I had chemo in 2016, too, but it didn't take it out of me nearly as much as this is. That was for a different cancer which is now in remission. What I've got is incurable yet treatable. There's a lengthy thread on the Health section so i won't go into too much detail here.

I'm not worried about the sleep - just a bit bemused that after 8 hours of sleep and getting up at 9, I could go back to bed at noon and sleep for a full 7 hours more.

I can occupy myself by reading or listening to music, browsing on here.

I made myself chicken Kiev with roast potatoes, broccoli, green beans and an apple to follow. It turned out pretty good.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 10:12 PM

Ffosse, Do you like doing crosswords?
I do a crossword before l go to sleep but nod off before l finish it.
If l can’t sleep, l have a bowl of cornflakes or rice crispies or, l go through the phonetic alphabet.

You’ve only got three more chemo’s after this next one. I find time flies these days, so l hope it will for you, where the chemo sessions are concerned.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top