Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 10:25 PM

Re: I just woke up..

The main side-effect is fatigue which can happen any time between sessions. Often I find that the treatment doesn't specifically affect me on the day or a couple of days after but perhaps a week or two.

I'm glad I got my Tesco Online shopping - there wasn't a single glitch, not one item missing or substituted, and the price was fair - they even phoned me to ask if they could deliver half an hour earlier. Surprised I didn't do it years ago. But then I could walk to Tesco and back with no problems. The store is really quite close but all I can do now is walk to the corner before I need to rest.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
My mind is half on the chemo which isn't until next Wednesday - mustn't worry about it but it's easier said than done.
My chemo is the same day as yours Ffosse, it seems to soon come round but mine is two weekly.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 10:32 PM

That is good Dreamy.
At least your food is sorted now.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
My chemo is the same day as yours Ffosse, it seems to soon come round but mine is two weekly.
Mine is three-weekly for some reason; last time it was every 2 weeks.

Part of the problem is that in 2016 I had virtually no side-effects from that chemo...this one is different and really lays me low.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 11:20 AM

Mine is three-weekly for some reason; last time it was every 2 weeks.

Part of the problem is that in 2016 I had virtually no side-effects from that chemo...this one is different and really lays me low.
I tend to have a bad week followed by a good week but I am finding that the more cycles I have the more tired I’m feeling.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

27-04-2018, 11:47 AM

I felt less tired today on my walk - I think the side-effect of fatigue and lethargy is wearing off. Trouble is, I have chemo again next Wednesday.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 11:57 AM

I felt less tired today on my walk - I think the side-effect of fatigue and lethargy is wearing off. Trouble is, I have chemo again next Wednesday.
Try to think positive Dreamy
You feel good today, so focus on that
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

27-04-2018, 12:01 PM

Positive thinking I try...but I've got this slew of appointments upcoming. I spent 4 grand on a watch but I resent the taxi fare.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

27-04-2018, 12:04 PM

Positive thinking I try...but I've got this slew of appointments upcoming. I spent 4 grand on a watch but I resent the taxi fare.
Now Dreamy, that has just made me laugh
About the watch, not the appointments.
Val J
East Yorkshire

27-04-2018, 12:24 PM

Ffosse, the way I see it is that after the first few days you gradually build up to almost normal before the next chemo. So we could have four or five good days before Wednesday, best make good use of them!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top