Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 04:08 AM

What Should You? Have You? Will You? Pass Along...

Tomorrow night I am taking several little neighbor kids out to the beach where we will lie out on quilts, listen to the surf, and learn about the night sky.

Several parents and grandparents have encouraged me to undertake this, and if it works, I think I'll have these outings several nights through the summer teaching astronomy.

What skills and knowledge do you have that you should you be passing along to the little ones? Or have you?

No, for this, proper English and manners are out of bounds .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 06:32 AM

Re: What Should You? Have You? Will You? Pass Along...

I'm good at lying on water and floating around .. Not much good at anything else.

Hope that will do.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 06:35 AM

Now there is a loaded question, Surfermom. What skill/knowledge do I have worth passing on? Well ...

A respect for, and wonder at, nature in all her seasons.

Caring for animals - not just pets but all animals. Finding out why they are different from us and each other.

A thirst for knowledge.

The magic of colour

Basic forensics - fascinating stuff!

The joy of discovery - finding a fossil, an unusual piece of driftwood or a special stone. Where did it come from - how did it get there?

The satisfaction of making things - be it jewellery, clothes, cards - whatever.

The pleasure of cooking a meal from scratch - choosing the ingredients, seeing how they blend. Inventing a new recipe.

This is turning into 'war and peace' - I'll go and leave room for other suggestions.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 06:50 AM

Sorry ST, you can't impart that sort of Stuff onto others.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 06:55 AM

Of course you can, Spitty, where do you think I learned it all from?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 06:57 AM

It's probably ingrained.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

27-04-2018, 06:58 AM

But, sometimes there is an Elephant in the Womb.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 07:03 AM

I would love to share my love of books with someone who finds it uninteresting, and to inspire them to love reading as well - and then hopefully to encourage them to write.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

27-04-2018, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It's probably ingrained.
I suppose it could be - in part, Spitty. But I was lucky enough to have some inspirational teachers at primary school - which is where most of it began. I will be forever grateful to them.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

27-04-2018, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
But, sometimes there is an Elephant in the Womb.
My mother would probably agree with that, Spitty, I was one of twins - each weighing just under 9lbs !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top