Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2012, 09:49 AM

Re: MP's are still fiddling thier expenses

I did write to my MP, Philip Hollobone, who is one of the few honourable MP's and he agreed that the rules need further adjustment to stop this legal but dishonourable manipulation of the system. Whether he'll try and do anything about it is another story.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2012, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Elbee ->
The EU is a separate issue, we will get to vote on getting out in a few years although Cameron aka Mr Slipery did "promise" us a referendum in this parliament. Let's hope the British public do not juts vote with the news spin, government advice etc and do what is BEST FOR BRITAIN.

What is galling is that these MP's are dishonest. Elected to positions of trust and then fiddle and steal. Even when they get caught they get let off.

Nick a £10 T shirt from JJB sports in a riot and they open the courts 24 hours a day and give you five years!

Every MP caught fiddling or even manipulationg the system should be thrown out of office and a by election should be called.
They did with the former Labour Euro Minister Denis McShane, but its a pity that that didn't happen to others also 'caught' with their sticky fingers in the till.
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2012, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I did write to my MP, Philip Hollobone, who is one of the few honourable MP's and he agreed that the rules need further adjustment to stop this legal but dishonourable manipulation of the system. Whether he'll try and do anything about it is another story.
This is exactly the resposne I received from Andrew Tyrie.
he admitted there was still a problem and confirmt he IPSA is not doing what it was set up to do and seesm to think that is OK.

Like you I want, ney DEMAND, he stands up in the house and questions this. MP's that openly claim as much as they can get away with by bending "rules" should be thrown out and a by-elections held. That is the only way to stop this.

But can you see them voting this through?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top