Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2012, 01:01 PM

Re: Thinking differently might help

I do think its a pathetic case of Rotherham Council to do this to the Foster Couple and to take the three children away just like that. They certainly were not thinking of the childrens needs if they think that the way someone votes influences the children that much. I cant remember as a child ever hearing about Politics in my house. I also brought my two sons up without that being the main topic in our house. My thoughts were to love the children and make them future solid citizens. I am not religious either so thats another topic not mentioned often accept telling the kids to behave, think of others as well as themselves, be kind to animals and to be good. No racists in my house. I do agree that there are too many influxes of people from different Countries no matter what religion or race they are. Opening the doors to all of these people is ridiculous especially when they cant look after what we have already. I dont think I am being racists saying that, just practical as to what money and space these people will need when they are here. We havent got it for Gods sake, we are a small Island. Dont drink coffee so dont go to Starbucks, dont buy anything from Amazon but I do think you have to stand up for what you think is right so well done Cate.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2012, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
While I agree with much of what you say, not everyone can afford to take a totally 'moral stand'. Not many people will stop buying coffee in Starbucks or ordering goods from Amazon just because they are creative in their accounting!

At least the high street shops do pretty well here as they offer much better quality and value than the supermarkets.
To be honest I can't understand your reasoning about affording to take a moral stand. I can't afford to go to Starbucks anyway so it is no hardship to not use them. I don't know about Amazon but what my husband has suggested is find what you want on Amazon and then buy it from the website of the person offering it. It appears he has done this on several occassions found something on Amazon, contacted the company selling it and then doing an even better deal.

As I say Grumblewagon I am not trying to take the moral ground but right is right and these companies are manipulating their books so as not to pay corporation tax.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2012, 10:42 PM

Well said Cate.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2012, 01:58 PM

Good post Cate - I have voted tactically for UKIP on a number of occasions now, not because I think they could ever form a government, but because a vote for them is a kick in the teeth for the three indistinguishable "main" parties - although they pretend to have major differences, they don't and are just the Tweedle Dum, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumber of British politics. 55% of the UK population want out of the corrupt EU, but there is no way any of the "big three" parties would ever get us out. They are too reliant on the EU gravy train to which the long-suffering British public are net contributors.
The Rotherham case is appalling. Not content with a dismal failure over a number of years to address the issue of the grooming and sexual exploitation of young girls in care (for fear of upsetting the multi-cultural apple cart and the race-relations industry) they are now determined to destroy young lives by their insane insistence that their ("liberal") way is the only way. What these kids needed above all was love, care and stability - which, by all accounts they were getting from their UKIP foster carers. They have now been split up with possibly disastrous emotional effects. All right - these kids were born to Polish parents, but were dumped on UK social services. To bring them up as Polish catholics within an English context will be to constantly rub in their faces the fact that they were dumped by their real parents as children. One of my best friends at school was the result of a liaison between a black US serviceman and a white English girl just after the war. He had been adopted by a young English couple who couldn't have kids of their own, and was loved and cherished by them. In those days they didn't think about ensuring that he was aware of "his own culture" - they just loved him and brought him up as best they could. As a result, he was one of the best adjusted, stable individuals - either child or adult, that I have ever met. he got exactly what he needed - LOVE not politics!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2012, 03:05 PM

That is interesting Mick on so many levels, you echo my husbands words almost word for word and it is refreshing to hear it said by other.

I am however, appalled that Social services in Rotherham may have ignored the sexual exploitation of young girls because they didn't want to upset the cultural apple cart. Bloody hell Mick, that is just outrageous.

Because of this word racist being thrown around by all and sundry basic cultural differences which are not found acceptable in this country are being carried out just like at home. Last night I saw that some African woman had allowed to let a baby boy bleed to death when she circumcised him without anasthetic. Should we raise hell or just let it be incase she thinks we are bloody racist.

Your friend would never be brought up the young white couple in this day and age. Instead of being colour blind and looking at people as people and not colours Social Service are as wrong as they can be.
Patricia
New Member!
Northeast England
Patricia is female 

18-12-2012, 04:59 PM

I'm afraid I don't know enough about UKIP yet to say that I'll vote for them but as to the rest of the OP I agree entirely.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

18-12-2012, 05:14 PM

Hi Patricia, My husband and I (sounds like the Queen) also didn't know too much about UKIP but we have done a little bit of research and found them to answer most of the questions that bother us about todays problems. They haven't answered them all but somehow they seem very down to earth and uncomplicated. I find listening to most MPs to be boring as they never seem to answer a question with one word if 25 will do.
Patricia
New Member!
Northeast England
Patricia is female 

18-12-2012, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Hi Patricia, My husband and I (sounds like the Queen) also didn't know too much about UKIP but we have done a little bit of research and found them to answer most of the questions that bother us about todays problems. They haven't answered them all but somehow they seem very down to earth and uncomplicated. I find listening to most MPs to be boring as they never seem to answer a question with one word if 25 will do.
I'll have a look on their site.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2012, 11:56 PM

Hear hear Cate< i am fed up with all the dirty dealing that goes on, all the foreigners coming here to live for nothing,the Oh we mustnt upset people by saying that ,this and the other, they may have had a baf mother or father, I think its called The Nanny state.Also I am beside myself about the little boy with the brain tumour,his Mother is doing what she thinks is right and I agree with her.Its the quality of life that matters not the length.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2012, 11:58 PM

How dare they tell a mother what to do with the child she bore.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top