Join for free
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2012, 11:59 AM

Police Warning

This has passed our way many times in the past but you never know
It's always best to be forewarned about what may go wrong.

WARNING FROM POLICE
THIS APPLIES TO BOTH WOMEN AND MEN

BEWARE OF ANYTHING STUCK ON THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE

You walk across the parking lot, unlock your car and get inside.

You start the engine and shift into reverse..

When you look into the rear-view mirror to back out of your parking space, you notice something stuck to the middle of the rear window.

So, you shift into Park, unlock your doors, and jump out of your car to remove it.

When you reach the back of your car, that is when the carjackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off.

They practically mow you down as they speed off in your car.

And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car.

So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are now compromised!

If you see something stuck to your back window, just drive away. Remove it later.

A purse contains all kinds of personal information and identification documents, and you certainly do NOT want it to fall into the wrong hands.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2012, 01:52 PM

Re: Police Warning

I've heard that one before Michael, thanks.
I have another for you.....from a policeman friend. When you do your Christmas shopping and go back to your car half way through to put the purchases in your boot...get in your car and drive off to find a different parking space. Especially in a multi-storey car park...thieves wait for you to leave your car with a boot full of goods, and know you'll not be back for some time
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2012, 02:15 PM

This is so obviously American. Shift into Park cos they all drive automatics and reference to a purse instead of a handbag. I'm not saying it couldn't happen here but it has originated from across the pond.
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2012, 02:42 PM

Our daily input from across the planet frequently contain repeats.

I assume that some people may not have seen them.

(I usually state that they have been in circulation before)

In my view any warnings are relevant and hopefully they make us more alert in our daily activities.

Moving the car from one location to another is a good one.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2012, 04:28 PM

That's always a good warning to be alert, Michael, thanks .......there are so many rogues around these days, you can't be too careful.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2012, 09:20 PM

Thuk you should look up the web site snopes.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top