Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2012, 12:18 PM

Re: Conneticut School Shooting

A terrible tragedy.

Members who have served in the forces will be well aware of the awesome power of a hand held weapon.

You never forget your training and when I spend some time on active service I was prepared to kill or be killed.

Weapons and ammunition access (especially for young people) should be more controlled

Schools and other establishments will have to secure their boundaries and installation of airport style metal detectors should be implemented immediately.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2012, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Shockingly sad, as is the fact that I suspect gun control will never be brought in.
Well I don't know, I do believe Obama will be doing all he can to get something sorted after yesterday's tragedy.

I just hope it is implemented before another 20 children are killed.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2012, 04:38 PM

His mother legally held 5 firearms, WHY???, presume he shot her with one since he lived with her and would have had access.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2012, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
His mother legally held 5 firearms, WHY???, presume he shot her with one since he lived with her and would have had access.
I understand his mother was a school teacher , why would she want any
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2012, 04:54 PM

Not a clue.

I'm waiting for the half six ITV News to come on to see the latest about this terrible, terrible occurrence.

Whilst I was in the local town today I stopped by Church to say a prayer for them.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2012, 05:31 PM

2 girls and a boy aged 6 named and the killer was believed to have a personality disorder. Why the hell would you have guns where he could get at them let aline have them at all. 1 was a high powered rifle. It beggers belief.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2012, 06:22 PM

Terrible, just terrible. They have a gun culture in America and much as I'd like to see them made illegal, I can't see it happening.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2012, 09:41 AM

God bless all those poor children, the teachers that tried so hard to save them. What a horror for the police and ambulance workers. R.I.P
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2012, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Shockingly sad, as is the fact that I suspect gun control will never be brought in.
Sadly I agree with you. If they can't get some controls in now then they never will.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2012, 12:35 PM

I also thought of April Jones too Annie. She is still missing whilst
the ......... is in remand awaiting trial. I think they have evidence
it was him so why he cant put those parents minds at rest, I will
never know.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top