Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 11:34 AM

MP expenses cheat gets away scott-free.

The MP that fiddled the highest amount on expenses, Margaret Moran, 57, will not go to jail.
A judge has agreed that she was “mentally unfit to stand trial”. Moran has got a “two-year supervision and treatment order.” at even more cost to taxpayers!

So much for “tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime”, especially when it is in Whitehall!

This greedy bitch defrauded the hard-working British taxpayers out of £53,000 by forging invoices and claiming for bogus repairs on her second homes. But hey, getting caught has resulted in a mental illness and she can get away scott-free. Even worse, she even gets to keep the money she swindled because “she has not been found guilty of any crime.” Does this mean anyone can go and rob a bank, have a breakdown and get to keep the money?

To add insult to injury for British taxpayers Moran is even getting a £26,852 in a resettlement grant given to MPs when they leave parliament. This for a bitch that still has over £1million property portfolio with homes in Westminster, Luton and Southampton.

Never mind, “we are all in it together” - aren’t we?

The British public should make it a New Year's resolution to petition their MP and add Twitter comments until MORAN pays back the money she STOLE from all of us and is given the Jail sentence she deserves.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2012, 08:24 AM

Re: MP expenses cheat gets away scott-free.

Well said matey and I fully concur.
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2012, 09:04 AM

Get on twitter #jailmargaretmoran
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2012, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Elbee ->
Get on twitter #jailmargaretmoran
Sorry matey, but I don't do 'twitter' or Facebook.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2012, 09:49 AM

I can only agree that any public official found defrauding the public should be made to repay every penny, should be thrown in jail, and then should be barred for life from holding any sort of public office again..
Elbee
Chichester

31-12-2012, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I can only agree that any public official found defrauding the public should be made to repay every penny, should be thrown in jail, and then should be barred for life from holding any sort of public office again..
But she has got off scott-free because she is "too ill to stand trial"

Well she should be committed to Broadmoor until she is "well enough" to be prosecuted. I bet she would recover double quick then.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2012, 11:52 PM

I concur with Barry, I think it is disgusting that they can get away with this and then receive a pay off to boot.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 12:58 PM

You can get away with anything, if you are a member of the right club, we all know that.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 07:34 PM

That's so discouraging. We had our own uproar in London, Ontario (Canada) recently when the mayor, Joe Fontana, was charged after it was discovered that he paid for the reception hall for his son's wedding with government funds while he was a member of Parliament (prior to leaving that to run for mayor). There are demands that he step down. He refuses.

We elect officials, we place our trust in them, and we are let down time and again. I've heard the wisecrack that those best fit to run the country are too smart to get involved with politics.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 10:36 PM

I would hate to be Moran, she will wish she was in prison when she finds the press hard on her heels, from dawn till tusk.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top