Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 12:14 PM

Brussels wants access to UK's DVLA driver's database

EU members to be forced to share driver’s details
Brussels is demanding access to Britain’s DVLA database, giving police forces of 26 nations access to 38 million British driver’s details. In addition foreign police forces want access to the UK’s national DNA database and finger print records.

Civil liberties groups believe this Orwellian edict this will give rise to innocent Britons being accused of crimes they have not committed.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 01:06 PM

Re: Brussels wants access to UK's DVLA driver's database

Well I hope our Dave tells them where to stuff themselves.
MrsD
midlands uk
MrsD is female  MrsD has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 01:48 PM

It does seem bit by bit we are losing independence and becoming one state.. If this is allowed next it could be our health records ,and so on .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 02:02 PM

It's just a question of time before we are all compelled to have a Barcode tattooed on our butts, everyone will have to moon at places such as airport check-ins etc, to be scanned, it's a right cheek.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It's just a question of time before we are all compelled to have a Barcode tattooed on our butts, everyone will have to moon at places such as airport check-ins etc, to be scanned, it's a right cheek.
It is a right 'cheek' !....very funny post BTW...
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 02:54 PM

That's the bottom line...........
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Well I hope our Dave tells them where to stuff themselves.
Yeah right! Like he did all the other times.
He may be big and fat but he is weak.
Elbee
Chichester

11-01-2013, 03:28 PM

It is already in!

Have you not heard of retina scans and biometric passports?
Been around a while now.

Try getting into USA without one.
Mind you if you do manage to get in, getting a gun there is easy!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Elbee ->
EU members to be forced to share driver’s details
Brussels is demanding access to Britain’s DVLA database, giving police forces of 26 nations access to 38 million British driver’s details. In addition foreign police forces want access to the UK’s national DNA database and finger print records..
To be honest I can't see the problem. No doubt we will have access to the EU database as well. Seems like a good thing to me now that everyone is beoming so mobile. Similarly I don't see much wrong with other EU police forces wanting access to any UK dna dababase information or fingerprint records. As long as it is a reciprocal agrement which I should think it would be. I don't see collaboration like this as Orwellian or a restriction of my personal freedom or the freedom of my country, although perhaps the villians may well think so.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 07:14 PM

I think the problem is that things that the EU demand never seem to be reciprocal, and anyway whatever happened to data protection laws?

As it is now the DVLA seems to be able just to sell our information to any Tom Dick or Harry with impunity, but any personal information which could be used for fraudulent purposes should be in the hands of as few people as possible to protect us from identity crime. Would you really be happy for all your info to be available in Rumania or Hungary....I certainly wouldn't, it's bad enough that our government have it.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top