Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 10:30 PM

Re: Brussels wants access to UK's DVLA driver's database

I think it would have to be a reciprocal arrangement and sharing of resources - thats how I would understand it to work anyway. As for data protection - anything the DVLA or criminal departments have on me I am happy for anyone to see. Medical records and financial information I would probably feel different about.
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2013, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
To be honest I can't see the problem. No doubt we will have access to the EU database as well. Seems like a good thing to me now that everyone is beoming so mobile. Similarly I don't see much wrong with other EU police forces wanting access to any UK dna dababase information or fingerprint records. As long as it is a reciprocal agrement which I should think it would be. I don't see collaboration like this as Orwellian or a restriction of my personal freedom or the freedom of my country, although perhaps the villians may well think so.
The problem is the other countries will not proetect our data, may even sell it. Their security is rubbish, their police corrupt and inaccurate and inefficient.

Mistakes are inevitable thats the problem.

Would you like an Lithuanian or Latvian to have your age address, date of birth and car regsitration number? No thought not.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2013, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It's just a question of time before we are all compelled to have a Barcode tattooed on our butts, everyone will have to moon at places such as airport check-ins etc, to be scanned, it's a right cheek.
What would you put on the left cheek?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2013, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by graham ->
what would you put on the left cheek?
Made in England.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2013, 10:50 AM

The cost of living within a society is rising faster than an MPs salary.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2013, 11:27 AM

I don't drive.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2013, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Elbee ->
The problem is the other countries will not proetect our data, may even sell it. Their security is rubbish, their police corrupt and inaccurate and inefficient.

Mistakes are inevitable thats the problem.

Would you like an Lithuanian or Latvian to have your age address, date of birth and car regsitration number? No thought not.
Bit of a sweeping statement there Elbee.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2013, 08:34 AM

Bit of a sweeping statement there Elbee.
I was going to say exactly the same thing. It was a daft xenophobic remark.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2013, 10:31 AM

To be honest I can't see the problem. No doubt we will have access to the EU database as well. Seems like a good thing to me now that everyone is beoming so mobile. Similarly I don't see much wrong with other EU police forces wanting access to any UK dna dababase information or fingerprint records. As long as it is a reciprocal agrement which I should think it would be. I don't see collaboration like this as Orwellian or a restriction of my personal freedom or the freedom of my country, although perhaps the villians may well think so.
You are right, long term the future lies in a United States of Europe, it has worked brilliantly for the USA and China (Also a country of many states with different languages, cultures and traditions)

The villians are already exploiting the freedom of movement laws in the EU by commiting their crimes just across the borders so more cooperation by the Police in every state is a must in my view.

So some may think that a computer glitch might result in a speeding fine on the Via Grande in Rome, if you've never been to Rome or were not there on the date claimed it should be easy to prove.

Due to past governments excessive spending it's fortunate that we are not part of the currency union, UK has been able to devalue it's currency and thus stay in reasonable economic shape. If we were in the Euro we'd be in a worse position than Greece now, but remember that the wrongs of Brown and Blair are still being paid for, a time will come when the UK balance sheet is more like the strong countries of Europe and at that time the UK will join the Euro 'tho you and I will likely have snuffed it long before that
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2013, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Elbee ->
Would you like an Lithuanian or Latvian to have your age address, date of birth and car regsitration number?
Well you don't often see such a sweeping statement but even if a Police officer in one of those countries did see your age, address, DoB, and car reg. number what could he do

Internet fraudsters and hackers exist in UK too you know, the only difference is that when caught in Lithuania or Latvia they are going to be punished severly, whereas in UK we molly coddle them and turn a blind eye to strange illnesses that the culprits suddently develop and don't extradite them when we should.

We've just had a very senior Police officer in London found guilty of selling (or trying to sell) information and she may well go to prison.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top