Join for free
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 12:15 PM

Greedy MPs asking for 32% pay rises.

In an anonymous survey conducted by the Independent Standards Authority, the YouGov poll, showed that over two thirds (69%) of MP’s say their £65,738 a year salary should be increased to around £86,250. Staggeringly, 20% of MPs are after a salary of £95,000 or more.
Unsurprisingly Conservative MPs want the most at £96,740, with Lib Dems after £78,361 and Labour seeking £77,322. Yes they are “all in it together” for a massive pay hike!

The poll results come just two days after MPs voted to cap benefit rises to 1% for the next three years, reducing benefit to the hardest hit by £256 a year by 2015.

MPs are whinging that “The quality of MPs will reduce if the pay does not improve.” And that we work very hard and should be rewarded” “many MPs have given up highly paid private sector positions to service the nation”

Dave Prentis, of Unison, fumed: “They are totally out of touch with working people.”

At least at these levels they shouldn’t “need” to fiddle their expenses but probably still will!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 12:24 PM

Re: Greedy MPs asking for 32% pay rises.

What happened to the principle of "Wanting to serve their country"? £65,000 per year is not a bad income. If that's not enough they should change their job .
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 12:30 PM

I think it is a good salary level.
You don't need any experience or qualifications.
You only have to look at any normal debate to see how many actually bother to attend the house.
And as fro Mondays and Fridays off and the long holidays they have as well.
Poor souls, they work sooooo hard!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 12:34 PM

:MPs are whinging that “The quality of MPs will reduce if the pay does not improve.” And that we work very hard and should be rewarded” “many MPs have given up highly paid private sector positions to service the nation”:
May I suggest to MPs...bu**er off back to the private sector..you are all useless anyway. Proves to me that they are not interested in the country..just the money.
Hubris comes to mind.
MrsD
midlands uk
MrsD is female  MrsD has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->

:MPs are whinging that “The quality of MPs will reduce if the pay does not improve.” And that we work very hard and should be rewarded” “many MPs have given up highly paid private sector positions to service the nation”:
May I suggest to MPs...bu**er off back to the private sector..you are all useless anyway. Proves to me that they are not interested in the country..just the money.
Hubris comes to mind.

Well said !!! I have to look up the word Hubris though not come across it before
Elbee
Chichester

11-01-2013, 03:29 PM

Let us not forget most MPs even have second jobs as non-exce directors and the like.
It is a wonder they have the time as they "work" so damm hard for the country they "serve".
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 10:36 AM

Yet again I say is it not about time to change, not just the Government, but the whole rotten system. MPs if they want to be MPs should be there full-time!!! and NOT be allowed to skive off doing 'other' private work - we are paying them to represent OUR interests in Parliament, not to be Doctors, Solicitors or Barristers earning vast amounts of dosh for themeselves outside Parliament.

What is wrong with MPs being delegates???, (as opposed to the current system of representatives) whereby they are DELEGATED to vote in a certain way irrespective of their own 'Party@ line on the issue.
Elbee
Chichester

17-01-2013, 11:54 AM

Some NHS consultants earn money doing private surgery.
Greed is everywhere.

I like your delegate idea. That would be what I would say in my manifesto.
I woyuld ahve a website wheer my constituenets would vote on every issue I would then vote as the majority decided.

getting out of the EU would be first result if it ever gets a vote!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top