Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2014, 10:42 PM

Re: Solo dining on the rise

I would have no qualms about dining alone in an hotel or restaurant, but would never walk into a pub alone or with another woman.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 12:03 AM

I've often gone to a pub with a female friend, many women do though I'd never dine alone, I'd feel like Billy no mates
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 07:51 AM

This is true, I went into a Café last Tuesday, it was a glorious sunny morning, I ordered a sausage sandwich with red sauce, there was a small patio table outside with two chairs so, I took advantage of the early morning sunshine and went alfresco. I sat down and consumed the first half of the sandwich placing the second half on top of the bag it came in on the table, ahh I thought, life don't get much better than this, I then picked up the second half, at which point a small breeze occurred, and blew the bag off the table, being environmentally aware I stood up, bent forward, picked the bag up, screwed it into a ball to make it less aerodynamic, placed it on the table, and sat down again, next thing I know, I am falling gracefully to the ground, eventually lying on my side looking at the half sandwich on the car park, the rear leg of the chair had found a gap in the concrete surface, I got up, did a quick check too see if anyone had witnessed the event, put the sandwich in the bin, and wrote the whole thing off to experience, that day I was glad I dined alone.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 08:08 AM

Eating alfresco can be dangerous in this part of the world too. Brighton is populated with hundreds of Herring Gulls who are bold enough to swoop down and snatch whatever food you're carrying straight out of your hand.
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 09:17 AM

I can picture the scene Spitfire...LOL. Funny when it happens to others...not so funny when it happens to yourself.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
If you weren't so far away - I'd go for a meal with ya Jean
It would have to be somewhere highly recommended though mind ......
Of course' nothing but the best for us
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
It's not something I would be comfortable doing.
Me too - When working for various firms I often found myself in a hotel and having to eat alone either in their dining room or a nearby restaurant - Didn't like it, had to get dressed to go down to the dining room, had to listen to nearby diners trying to impress their companion(s), had to pay a lot of money for (usually) a not very good meal, not a good experience but the job required me to be in these far away places.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Me too - When working for various firms I often found myself in a hotel and having to eat alone either in their dining room or a nearby restaurant - Didn't like it, had to get dressed to go down to the dining room, had to listen to nearby diners trying to impress their companion(s), had to pay a lot of money for (usually) a not very good meal, not a good experience but the job required me to be in these far away places.
I would feel remarkably silly..getting dressed up..to have dinner on my own...

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top