Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2014, 08:00 PM

Re: Baxi Bermuda Fire Won't Light!

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Oh my

Fancy calling your canary Rachel
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2014, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
What would happen if I took the glass away from the artificial coals - hypothetically speaking kinda?

The front fire would be less efficient as the fumes would escape into the room and not pass over the heat exchanger, if the gas setting was not at the right adjustment then those fumes would be C/O and not C/O2 and would kill any one in the house.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2014, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
The front fire would be less efficient as the fumes would escape into the room and not pass over the heat exchanger, if the gas setting was not at the right adjustment then those fumes would be C/O and not C/O2 and would kill any one in the house.
Ooo...

RACHEL!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2014, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Ooo...

RACHEL!
Lucky you had her there to test it
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2014, 11:48 PM

Baxi Bermuda, what a blast from the past, should be listed.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2014, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Baxi Bermuda, what a blast from the past, should be listed.
My whole house should be listed never mind just the fire.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

07-03-2014, 12:57 PM

Well I got the fire to light this morning, though it was still a bit of a struggle.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2014, 12:59 PM

heatwave coming ... this weekend
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2014, 10:52 PM

It sounds like the one I had when i moved in my house ...the control knob pulls off ..the wood surround is held on with 2 screws and top clips ....remove the glass remove the coals...on right hand side there is what looks like a mushroom with two probes ...on is the igniter (looks like spark plug) one is the thermocouple turn the control know and let it spark ..does it spark ..if no move the igniter closer to the Mushroom If it dont light check the thin white wire from the knob assy to the sparker is ok...try to light with a match , is the flame on the other probe if no move the probe into flame ...if after 30 secs it does not stay alight poss thermocouple or main valve faulty.....I had one of these and kept it going all winter a few years back ...they must be over 20 years old ...Back boilers ( if it is one) are very difficult to get and regulations state you can only replace them ...hence they are very expensive ....I had min replace with a ordinary boiler worked out cheaper than a replacement. even with all the additional work moving gas and pipes to resite it ....Remember do not touch Gas ..always use a gas safe engineer ....
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

14-03-2014, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
It sounds like the one I had when i moved in my house ...the control knob pulls off ..the wood surround is held on with 2 screws and top clips ....remove the glass remove the coals...on right hand side there is what looks like a mushroom with two probes ...on is the igniter (looks like spark plug) one is the thermocouple turn the control know and let it spark ..does it spark ..if no move the igniter closer to the Mushroom If it dont light check the thin white wire from the knob assy to the sparker is ok...try to light with a match , is the flame on the other probe if no move the probe into flame ...if after 30 secs it does not stay alight poss thermocouple or main valve faulty.....I had one of these and kept it going all winter a few years back ...they must be over 20 years old ...Back boilers ( if it is one) are very difficult to get and regulations state you can only replace them ...hence they are very expensive ....I had min replace with a ordinary boiler worked out cheaper than a replacement. even with all the additional work moving gas and pipes to resite it ....Remember do not touch Gas ..always use a gas safe engineer ....
Excellent advice that and I will take it on board.

Thanks

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top