Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2014, 10:20 AM

Re: Baxi Bermuda Fire Won't Light!

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Excellent advice that and I will take it on board.

Thanks
If you want to know anything else ask I am not a gas fitter but my career has afforded me to dig in and learn....I did eventually have a gas man to sort it and he immediately condemned it ...the aluminium burner was badly corroded including the back boiler burner ...if yours is anywhere near 20 years or above i would def consider replacing it as the repairs may not be economical even if parts are still available ....plus ...you will save a fortune in gas ...I did
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2014, 05:36 PM

Can't figure out how to get the damn control knob off anyway. Push fit?
Probably MKJ but to be honest, I'd not fiddle!

I've looked at this online and some do have tiny grub screws but they're real sods to get to and even then prizing the b******s off gets you thinking "Is this right - or what?!"

We got such a Control knob here on our gas fire, which is mounted on the Back Boiler.

With this one you have to dismantle the whole front of the flippin' things to get to the teeny grub screw to take the knob off - no thanks!

I get my plumber / Gas man Nick the Italian in to service the thing every year and it still works a treat despite being 37 years old - it's basic and sod-all on it to go wrong - Nick told me! stevmk2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2014, 07:18 PM

Stick you wheat slippers on there Mark , that will get it going
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2014, 03:53 PM

Bloody boiler won't light now . Had to call a gas guy out. Took a look myself and I think it just needs a service as there are all cobwebs over everything. I brushed em off with a feather duster but that didn't do much good. Maybe time to consider a new boiler and fire - maybe that is.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2014, 04:19 PM

Bloody boiler won't light now . Had to call a gas guy out. Took a look myself and I think it just needs a service as there are all cobwebs over everything. I brushed em off with a feather duster but that didn't do much good. Maybe time to consider a new boiler and fire - maybe that is.
I know I really shouldn't laugh MKJ.

I mean it - I shouldn't laugh at the misfortunes of others and I offer my profound apologies because this thread have me in fits of laughter.

I really feel so terribly guilty mate but you have the knack of putting things in such a way that brings tears to my eyes.

I'm so sorry and I really hope you get it all sorted. stevmk2
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2014, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I know I really shouldn't laugh MKJ.

I mean it - I shouldn't laugh at the misfortunes of others and I offer my profound apologies because this thread have me in fits of laughter.

I really feel so terribly guilty mate but you have the knack of putting things in such a way that brings tears to my eyes.

I'm so sorry and I really hope you get it all sorted. stevmk2
I'm just pleased he's doing the right thing at last and getting a professional in

erm ... well I think he is

I could be completely wrong
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 06:50 AM

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 07:25 AM

MKJ, a "Geezer" don't need hot water.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 08:32 AM

I moved into this bungalow where there was a Baxi Bermuda. My first job was to rip it all out along with the flue liner. Primarily because it rarely started. I then installed a cast iron open fireplace. Best thing I could have done! Lovely open fires in the winter.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 12:29 PM

Dunno whether to renew the heating system and sell the house or just sell it as is. Well those are options I'm considering at the mo.

You meet someone with their own house and it causes problems in a way. 2 houses is just one house too many for a couple. Then again if things go pear shaped I still have a house to come home to. My bleeding ed hurts thinking about it all.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top