Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 01:14 PM

Driving last night.

My cooker is not working only my oven so decided at about 7:30 last night to go out to a traditional Scottish restaurant and have a meal there.

So after my Big Mac And Fries I didn't want to go home so ended up going for a drive and drove south from Market Harborough through country roads, hardly any lighting and drove through the centre of Northampton missed the turning for the M1 and ended up pushing further on and picking it up further down south of Northampton.
I really enjoyed my late night drive, radio on, forgot my CDs, no pressure on me despite all the roadworks, and when I got home about 10ish felt really relaxed.
I've always enjoyed driving late night early morning. Anyone else?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 03:15 PM

Re: Driving last night.

Well if it relaxed you MC, that is good.

Myself, I try to avoid night driving because oncoming headlights hurt my eyes, especially those dazzling blue ones. They should be illegal !

When some inconsiderate drivers don't even dip them, I fear they're going to have have me off the road one night.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 03:27 PM

I find driving any time of day or night very stressful I've been known to stick my nails into my palms as I grip the steering wheel so that would definitely not be relaxing.

I like a good book and classic uk on the radio that's very relaxing for me, or a seat in the garden and my knitting in the summer is even better.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well if it relaxed you MC, that is good.

Myself, I try to avoid night driving because oncoming headlights hurt my eyes, especially those dazzling blue ones. They should be illegal !
When some drivers don't even dip them, I fear they're going to have have me off the road one night.
Oh I know what you mean about headlights not being dipped, that's why on my return journey I took the M1, mind you it was also so I could get a coffee at the services.
I have nice childhood memories of motorway service areas from when we used to travel from Liverpool to the south coast for holidays. It as a big adventure for me aged about 9 to do a long car journey stopping off in motorway service areas to let my dads old van cool down.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 03:59 PM

I like to go out for a drive at night too as most of the day I'm stuck in traffic. It's nice to be out and about when it's quiet - a quick trip down the M62 to Leeds then return back on the A62.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I like to go out for a drive at night too as most of the day I'm stuck in traffic. It's nice to be out and about when it's quiet - a quick trip down the M62 to Leeds then return back on the A62.

You sure you're not up to no good ?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You sure you're not up to no good ?
Well at least I can find my way there and back.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

03-11-2017, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Well at least I can find my way there and back.

OK. Truce.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 05:55 PM

Sis and I went out shopping (on the south bit of the M11) and wanted to come home before it got dark. We did, fortunately. I didn't want to be out in the dark. Very busy here in London/Essex.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 06:05 PM

I love driving alone with either the radio or a cd on, I find it relaxes me as well. I often volunteer to run my co workers home so I've a bit of a longer drive alone before I get home.

Then I live in a rural area with very little traffic - well loads of tractors and slurry tanks. And having learned to drive here where there are no street lights and often no road markings, I'm pretty confident driving in the dark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top