Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 08:31 AM

Knowledge

At what age do you think you stopped seeking knowledge, assuming that is possible, knowingly?
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 08:37 AM

Re: Knowledge

Ask me after I've died.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 08:52 AM

I don't think you ever stop, even if it's something as simple as "What time does my bus go ?"
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I don't think you ever stop, even if it's something as simple as "What time does my bus go ?"
Alan, you Know as well as I do, that is information, not Knowledge.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Alan, you Know as well as I do, that is information, not Knowledge.
You will have to define the two words for me Spitty since, in my ignorance, I think they mean the same thing.....more or less.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 09:41 AM

Knowledge: Facts, information, and skills acquired through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject.

I agree with Alan, you never stop learning, the day you do is the day you die.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 10:36 AM

Im always striving to improve my knowledge, perhaps because in my school years failing the 11+ meant i was considered scrap heap material. So i plodded on adding skills and information as and where i could. Trying not to let it become fact is the hard part changing once held values as new facts become available is not an easy process.

As the great scholar Homer......Simpson once said.

"Each time i learn some new stuff, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain"

Storing its one thing, its downloading it that getting harder, senior moments are common these days.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 11:08 AM

Never...I keep looking at these home school type courses and wondering if I should enrole for something ...

My step mum has just done a course for seniors at uni and shes thinking of doing a legal assistent study so that she could help out with older people who need help with form filling and CAB or similar..
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 11:41 AM

Don't think you should ever stop learning. Something new or revising the
old you have forgotten. I get Senior moments but make sure if I have forgotten something I will relearn it. I am in a quiz team and find all the
facts I picked up over my long life time have really helped my position
in the team. Having to go on everyday you learn new facts everyday as well. As mentioned its trying to store it as I think your brain gets lazy if you don't go to work so I have to jog myself, I must admit with a glass of wine in my hand I am even better at information.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 11:43 AM

I do try to increase my knowledge but find my brain can only hold a certain amount so if I acquire some new knowledge I have to forget some to accommodate it

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top