Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 11:48 AM

RSPB Garden wildlife

anyone else doing the count in your garden?

Im finding the weather for this hour im doing is very disappointing and I may pick a better day ,
the survey is to be done between 28th today and 30th Monday .
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 03:38 PM

Re: RSPB Garden wildlife

so no one else is doing the Bird count , i thought there was a lot of nature and bird lovers on this forum, I must be wrong .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
so no one else is doing the Bird count , i thought there was a lot of nature and bird lovers on this forum, I must be wrong .

Eliza, have a look at the Bird Watch thread in "Pets & Animals" section. Some of us are posting on there about it already.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

28-01-2017, 04:07 PM

Thank you Mups for answering , i had looked to see if anyone else had put anything up and it didnt show up when i decided to post this morning , looking now ive found it down the list on Pets and Animals and was last posted on the 24th .

Would Meg or Admin please move my thread to the Bird Watch Thread started on Pets and Animals please . ...Thank You .
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 04:07 PM

Which reminds me to top up the bird feeders...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 04:10 PM

I was doing mine today while it's sunny Eliza, but strangely not many of my usual visitors have been around. Maybe because I was so late putting their food out this morning, they've all breakfasted elsewhere.
Isn't it just the way. I might try again tomorrow instead.

Have you done yours today?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

28-01-2017, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I was doing mine today while it's sunny Eliza, but strangely not many of my usual visitors have been around. Maybe because I was so late putting their food out this morning, they've all breakfasted elsewhere.
Isn't it just the way. I might try again tomorrow instead.

Have you done yours today?
Same thing happened here Mups ,my Robin didnt turn up , its been really over cast and grey .
What i saw today is not a true reflection of the birds i usually get .

Im going to look again tomorrow and see if i get a better count .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-01-2017, 04:35 PM

That's really strange, because my little Robin waits for me every morning without fail, and today he wasn't there either! He's a cheeky little chap, I do like to see him about.
As I said, I can only think it's because I altered my routine today.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 04:42 PM

I have been trying to do it, but keep getting interrupted, maybe tomorrow.

It's a known fact that the day or so before you do the bird count, the garden is full of birds of all different species, the moment you decide to do it & settle down with pencil, paper & binoculars in front of a window, all the birds vanish. That happened to me last year.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 05:16 PM

That's a fact , but the neighbours always manage to see me when I have my binoculars out..it must bethe German U boat commanders uniform I wear.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top