Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 10:41 AM

Re: Are we safer in the EU?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Do they honestly think that we are all as thick as they are?
Yes they do.

Britain has plummeted so far down that even the quality of the Government spin doctors has fallen. They just aren't as good as the Labour spin doctors of the BLiar era.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 10:44 AM

I agree Swim. not everyone is academic but young people these days are encouraged to go to University, more to show how clever they are than improve their chances of getting a good job.
If the natural disasters, that we have been seeing recently, continue to increase then the trained skilled workers, that you mentioned, will become the ones the world needs most and, in time, they will probably become the most highly paid. Very few academics are needed to deal with the disasters like flood, earthquake and hurricanes, but there will be a great need for builders, plumbers and electricians. What a shame Britain isn't encouraging young people to enter these trades!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree Swim. not everyone is academic but young people these days are encouraged to go to University, more to show how clever they are than improve their chances of getting a good job.
If the natural disasters, that we have been seeing recently, continue to increase then the trained skilled workers, that you mentioned, will become the ones the world needs most and, in time, they will probably become the most highly paid. Very few academics are needed to deal with the disasters like flood, earthquake and hurricanes, but there will be a great need for builders, plumbers and electricians. What a shame Britain isn't encouraging young people to enter these trades!
?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Simple Question.

How do we get our own unemployed to work?

Loads of jobs here, just cannot get the British to work in them.

I would love to see more jobs going to UK Unemployed, but if they don't apply for them, what is the answer?

Agriculture is not easy, but it pays well.

How come we cannot get the unemployed of Telford, 30 miles away, to get a job here, but the Polish will move over a thousand miles to get one.
Simple answer:

In the 1930s men were desperate for work - any work. Why? There was no welfare state and without work there was no money, without money there was no food. The best they could hope for was handouts from altruistic charities or, failing that, there was the workhouse.

Yes, one answer is that if jobs are offered which the unemployed are capable of doing, they should take them. If they refuse to work they should lose all the benefits to which they are 'entitled'.

I should add that I am sure there are many people these days who are without a job, who would jump at the chance of the offer.

However, I'm equally sure that there are many who are lazy bastards and would prefer to sit on their lazy arses and take handouts rather than having to work for their keep.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
?
OGF, if you are confused by the word Swim, it is just an abbreviation of Swimfeeders whose long post was what I was replying to.
Alien
Uk
Alien is male  Alien has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 11:31 AM

Very good point Twink, and you beat me to it, but lets look deeper; The Polish workers who come here are hard working and well trained in Plumbing, Building and Electrical work, while all our young people are encouraged to go to the summer camp that is university. Very few of our young people are learning the skills that the Polish are bringing here. After being in an academic environment and amassing a huge loan the work that is available is below what they envisaged. So why should they work when the benefits system will provide them with a reasonable living and are not required to pay back the loan until they find suitable employment. Anyone from abroad who would earn one tenth of the salary in their own country would be foolish not to come.
And raising the minimum wage must seem like Christmas to all the hard working foreign labourers who are waiting to come to these shores.
The EU who impose rules and regulations to make life more pleasant for the working man (or woman) are largely ignored by most other countries in the EU - but are strictly adhered to here - make our products the most expensive in Europe and can all now be done elsewhere in the EU and shipped here by lorry drivers (mainly foreign) who queue up twenty four seven on the other side of the channel.
Yes Twink, you are right, the British working man doesn't know which side his bread is buttered these days, but the workers from other parts of the EU certainly do.

the answer is and always has been blatently obvious one .

immigration is good , however to take on a few thousand polish plumbers need not mean opening the door too 500million Europeans. so controlled immigration as practised by just about every other country on the planet is the answer to that one.
as for the why not have uk workers employed instead of sat at home on benefits then again its a simple answer.
no free benefits ........plain and simple , whats wrong with if you wish to claim unemployment payments then you either sign on to training or full time education course, or you report somewhere daily 9 to 5 and some council /government service will make use of you for the day.
obviously if your going to have to do this for whatever the benefit payment is then your better off taking up a real job somewhere if only on the minimum wage . but at present this system simply allows people to literally finish school at 16 and retire for life ............madness at its best .
the'dole' just like free social housing for single mothers was implemented way back when people had a different work and social ( moral?) values and was a great idea in much the same as the free NHS was , however today the world has moved on and changed totally in everything from population to 'outlook' and indeed social conscience leaving these systems to somehow cope .
yet the answers are far from complicated , finding politicians with spines are the real problem !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by alien ->
the answer is and always has been blatently obvious one .

Immigration is good , however to take on a few thousand polish plumbers need not mean opening the door too 500million europeans. So controlled immigration as practised by just about every other country on the planet is the answer to that one.
As for the why not have uk workers employed instead of sat at home on benefits then again its a simple answer.
No free benefits ........plain and simple , whats wrong with if you wish to claim unemployment payments then you either sign on to training or full time education course, or you report somewhere daily 9 to 5 and some council /government service will make use of you for the day.
Obviously if your going to have to do this for whatever the benefit payment is then your better off taking up a real job somewhere if only on the minimum wage . But at present this system simply allows people to literally finish school at 16 and retire for life ............madness at its best .
The'dole' just like free social housing for single mothers was implemented way back when people had a different work and social ( moral?) values and was a great idea in much the same as the free nhs was , however today the world has moved on and changed totally in everything from population to 'outlook' and indeed social conscience leaving these systems to somehow cope .
Yet the answers are far from complicated , finding politicians with spines are the real problem !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 01:39 PM

If we did leave the EU, it wouldn't surprise me if our 'leaders' made us suffer the dire consequences as a punishment.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
OGF, if you are confused by the word Swim, it is just an abbreviation of Swimfeeders whose long post was what I was replying to.
Sorry Twink, but you seem to have been answering my long post concerning academic studies as opposed to practical skills. I can see no mention in Swimfeeders post about academics, he was only asking the question ' how come local jobs don't seem to be of interest to local labour' sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick.....It happens quite often these days....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

11-05-2016, 02:19 PM

Sorry Twink, but you seem to have been answering my long post concerning academic studies as opposed to practical skills. I can see no mention in Swimfeeders post about academics, he was only asking the question ' how come local jobs don't seem to be of interest to local labour' sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick.....It happens quite often these days....
Don't worry OGF, probably my fault for not quoting Swim's post...I just thought it would take up too much room.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top