Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 12:46 PM

Re: Galileo satellite system installation moving from UK to Spain thanks to Brexit, EU an

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I don't know much about the Galileo project, but I've just had a look on the internet and it seems that the project is located everywhere but the UK anyway - HQ in Prague, 2 ground operations centres, Oberpfaffenhofen near Munich in Germany and Fucino in Italy, and 5 telemetry, tracking & control (TT&C) stations, located in Kiruna, Kourou, Nouméa, Sainte-Marie, Réunion & Redu. There are also several worldwide distributed mission data uplink stations (ULS) and everal worldwide distributed reference sensor stations (GSS).

The German Aerospace Center (DLR) contributes the largest portion of the Galileo funds, and is crucial in the development and application of the system with its facilities of the Earth Observation Center, and the Institute for Communication and Navigation in Neustrelitz.

UK involvement seems to be restricted to small satellite production by Surrey Satellite Technology, which, apparently, is owned by French-dominated Airbus.
Hi

Yes, but we have contributed 8% of the total and it is important we stay in the Project as it is the basis for our military, police, emergency services and coastguard new systems and for the new automatic location systems in case of emergencies.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 12:51 PM

Re: Galileo satellite system installation moving from UK to Spain thanks to Brexit, EU an

Can't say I've ever seen the Spanish as lazy, over here on the nurseries they worked as hard as anyone else. That was back in the 70s. If they found a better work life balance I'd say well done, sadly most here never have.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes, but we have contributed 8% of the total and it is important we stay in the Project as it is the basis for our military, police, emergency services and coastguard new systems and for the new automatic location systems in case of emergencies.
I'm sure that the EU will let us pay for the future use of their GPS ..... and that might be cheaper than than pouring billions into French and German "research" coffers .....
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 03:34 PM

Hi

This thread has somehow gone from a satellite system to lazy spanish to how long it takes to build a cathedral.
Baffling isn't it . I've always liked Spanish chaps. Very sexy with come to bed eyes .. I wouldn't kick one out of bed. Italians too are quite nice with their cornettos. French always seem a little too hmm .. smarmy? Seedy? But British chaps are best. Fit, hunky fellas with the best bums.

Still I digress.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Baffling isn't it . I've always liked Spanish chaps. Very sexy with come to bed eyes .. I wouldn't kick one out of bed. Italians too are quite nice with their cornettos. French always seem a little too hmm .. smarmy? Seedy? But British chaps are best. Fit, hunky fellas with the best bums.

Still I digress.
Hi

I have a very tight, none saggy Bum.

Unfortunately, the rest of me is a wreck.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 03:48 PM

No problem Swims ... a nice bum and good pair of thighs does it for me. And a nice friendly face. I never look at the stuff inbetween.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

20-01-2018, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
No problem Swims ... a nice bum and good pair of thighs does it for me. And a nice friendly face. I never look at the stuff inbetween.
Hi

Thank God for that Morti, I would be on the scrapheap otherwise.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2018, 12:56 AM

Hi

This thread has somehow gone from a satellite system to lazy spanish to how long it takes to build a cathedral.

If the UK was so good how come we are in this state?

A struggling NHS, crap infrastructure, lousy pensions and having to borrow £Billions every year to keep our heads above water.

Spain is actually more productive than the UK, not less.

The UK is less productive than the EU average.

If we are going to make the UK a better place, we would be better looking to ourselves instead of constantly blaming others.
It;s easy to become more productive......invest in new technology, infrastructure, vocational qualifications and treat workers better....that isn't rocket science but it is cultural and our work culture is flawed.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2018, 03:56 PM

Why do you think our "work culture" is flawed?
Could it be because successive Governments have tried their best to destroy our Engineering and Manufacturing industries by ensuring that easier money could be made in the Service sector?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top