Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2015, 12:44 PM

American Football

American football is not really football, its just a go stop game with the ultimate mission to kill the guy with the ball. Americans invented their own style football to remain as always different from the rest and to glorify their space in time. Which is that America stands in the center of the universe and everything else revolves around it.

Americans have no clue about the art of the true game of football.. When the World Cups comes around they get somewhat confused at the game. They tell me its exciting to watch, yet when the,World Cup finishes it disappears from their radar screen.

Will America ever come to understand and enjoy the real game of football ? Maybe and the changes can only comes from all the South ,Central Americans and Europeans that now live in Miami.

Beckham has seen this football fanaticism and is been trying take advantage of this energy with a group investors to build a team here and a stadium. The idea of having a football club was tried before and the club never got nowhere.

Beckham wiith his pretty boy looks is convinced he will succeed in changing the minds regarding the European game. I hope he does, though Americans seem to be more fixated on his pretty boy looks than on the game. Which is a total loss of concentration for those who understand the real game of football
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2015, 01:44 PM

Re: American Football

There has been an increase in the games of American football being played over here in recent years. I have been to Wembley Stadium twice in the last five years to watch it and I loved all the razzmatazz and the friendly crowds.

It would never take the place of European football for me, but it was different.

David Beckham, well now that is a different story. He could sell ice to the
Inuit people. I suppose all we can say is Watch this space.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2015, 01:57 PM

David Beckham has been at it for about a year now trying to get approval from the city to allow him and his investors to build a stadium. He has had his eye on three different locations and upto now there has not uhbeen a meeting of the minds.

Deep down inside I do hope that something does happen. It would be great for the city to have a football team. He has promised us he will bring great players. That remains to be seen...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2015, 02:42 PM

Perhaps Becks should enlist the help of the "Special One", he now has some time on his hands.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

28-12-2015, 02:52 PM

I think Beck and his investors really don't have the money. First try was on some land right on the bay. Second try,was in the center of our city and now the third try is in the lower part of town.
vinylman65
east coast-u.s.a.
vinylman65 is male  vinylman65 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 05:52 PM

Hey I can dig rugby,but being an American I gotta go with my style of football,thank you very much!!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 08:29 PM

Football ? You mean soccer ? The only resemblance between the two games is the name. In America, soccer is played by little girls. Soccer is one of the most boring games ever invented. A bunch of people run up and down the field, up and down, up and down--- endlessly. Boooorrrring . If someone gave me a ticket to a World Cup final game, picked me up in a limo, and I had the best seat in the house, I still would not go to the game, unless they paid me. No, on second thought, even if they paid me, I'd still not go.
I've seen film of soccer riots were a bunch of hooligans and street thugs literally kill people. That NEVER happens at a game of REAL football. In REAL football the fans are well behaved. To be sure, we cheer, sometimes standing up, we clap hands and roar with delight but nobody is literally killed.
The best soccer stars wouldn't last 5 minutes in a real game of football. American professional football is played by men, real men, the biggest, strongest, and fastest men on the planet. REAL football is a contact sport and much of it is about sheer power and "out-manning" your opponent. In order to play real football you need serious balls.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Football ? You mean soccer ? The only resemblance between the two games is the name. In America, soccer is played by little girls. Soccer is one of the most boring games ever invented.
I'm with you on this one soccer is definitely a game for the girls.

Real men play Rugby League - they don't need all that padding and helmets.

MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 10:13 AM

It's Not The Winning, It's the Taking Apart!
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
American professional football is played by men, real men, the biggest, strongest, and fastest men on the planet. REAL football is a contact sport and much of it is about sheer power and "out-manning" your opponent. In order to play real football you need serious balls.
Have you seen rugby (either Union or League)?? The players are just as big, just as fast, but much tougher and don't need or want all that padding, helmets etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top