Join for free
Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 01:20 AM

Re: Not giving the wrong idea

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Art 8 days, 8 months. 8 years when you have split up does it matter which it is . Apparently Devon is ready to move on.
Meg, Would that be legally separated or just split up when a chance of reconciliation could be on the cards?
He should be sorting things out, not getting involved so soon and maybe giving another lady false hopes.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 01:22 AM

Mups we don't know the details, the wife could have gone off with someone else or the pair could have been estranged for years and just decided to split up.

True Meg.
Ooh me head's spinning now. Best keep out of it.
I'm off to bed. Night night.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Meg, Would that be legally separated or just split up when a chance of reconciliation may be on the cards?
He should be sorting things out, not getting involved so soon and maybe giving another lady false hopes.
Art Devon has said..

I have no amorous intentions towards her but would like to know her more as a friend (and no more).
There may be nothing to sort out and Devon is looking for a platonic relationship at the moment
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
True Meg.
Ooh me head's spinning now. Best keep out of it.
I'm off to bed. Night night.
Sorry Mups, to spin your head!
I was just looking at it from a different, maybe a realistic angle, not the romantic angle!

Goodnight sleep well!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

14-12-2016, 01:27 AM

Art Devon has said..

There may be nothing to sort out and Devon is looking for a platonic relationship at the moment
Meg, l was meaning ....the divorce!
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by devon56 ->
.... I have no amorous intentions towards her ......
I have absolutely no doubt that you genuinely, consciously believe that.

But having trod this path, I wonder if, deep down you may be wounded, lonely and uncertain about the future.
Perhaps you are subconsciously wanting to know whether you can still attract a female of the species ?
Nothing the least bit wrong with that.

Without any suggestion of stalking, are you able to find out whether you have any particular special interests that you share - or could share.
"Did I see you going into the cat-skinners club the other day ? I've always wanted to try that."

I'd forget about the cuppa tea or 'coffee and cake'.
To me it reeks of "I actually want to get into your pants but I'm trying to be nice"

Sharing an interest seems a good start - particularly if a drink or two might relax the conversation a bit.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by devon56 ->
I've no reason to feel she'd want to be a little closer - makes it even trickier if she does. Also yes, she is definitely single.
One of the advantages of being over 55 is that there are considerably more women than men about (fact of life) so why limit yourself to one new female friend? Make approaches to several then you can ensure that you get only the friendship you are after. Women can make excellent friends at our age.

Unfortunately there are some desperate, clingy women out there, not many but enough to make your life uncomfortable if you are not careful. (That is not a statement about over 55 women in general)
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 07:41 AM

Having read the concerns about separation and divorce I can only thank goodness that I live where I live. There is only one ground for divorce in this country - separation for one year ie irretrievable breakdown of marriage. No adultery, no cruelty, no co-respondents etc it is all very civilised.

I put my divorce papers in exactly 12 months after she buggered off and the divorce cost me $250. The property settlement cost a lot more she got nearly 50% of joint property (including a house) I got slightly more because the kids stayed with me but worth every cent to be rid of her.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 08:56 AM

Just be honest ask her out for coffee, be casual smile and tell her some intelligent adult conversation would be nice.. If she says no say oh that's a shame and smile treat it as no big deal and good luck
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 09:07 AM

I'm still thinking about megs husbands note,,, how romantic is that

Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top