Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 12:45 AM

Re: Anyone thought about emigrating elsewhere?

Azz

Are you married!?!

fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Azz

Are you married!?!

This is not a dating forum / website Rhian.

Behave yourself......
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 12:54 AM

Iīve been an ex pat for some years now. Weīve spent a month or two in various countries around the world, occasionally for me it was for work, but other than that holidays. Never package holidays, I like to explore off the beaten track.

Life changing events spurred us to get moving, so we went to live in East Africa for almost 3 years, taking our two little dogs with us, they loved it there. We had some incredible experiences, not all good, learnt such a lot, met many lovely people both locals and other foreigners. We did however already know many people from previous visits there. It isnīt an easy place to live, but itīs one hell of an experience.

From there we moved to Spain, bringing the two little dogs with us. Again they settled happily until their demise, but by then they were old, they had exciting lives though.

We have lived happily here, have many friends of many nationalities, weīve seen very many changes, all of them for the better. Mr Clumsyīs health improved 100% once out of England, the asthma attacks and constant chest infections went practically to zero. We talk to family and friends in England and other countries via Skype and we are often like a hotel with family and friends visiting. Our oldest friends live just up the road from us, friends from Africa also moved here a year after us and our next door neighbours in England live just about an hourīs drive away from us.

I just wish there was the same wildlife here as there is in Africa, apart from malaria mosquitoes of course. So yes, we are happy being ex pats.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 03:01 AM

I have a place in Spain......just waiting for the rightn time and I'm off.

I have a plan(dream?)to buy a sailing boat(40'ish)and cross the Atlantic towards the BVI's.....then mooch around for a year or two.

Just me, the boat and blue water ......flying my kid's out for holidays aboard.

Heaven.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 08:59 AM

I have never wanted to live anywhere else . I love Scotland too much . I even get homesick going on holiday . Any more than a week away and all I want to do is go home no matter how nice a place it is and how fabulous the weather .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 09:56 AM

Yes. We have always fancied moving somewhere sunny. I really love Cyprus, hot, friendly and they even drive on the left. I'm not sure whether it will ever happen but it's not off the table. How this Country performs over the next few years will probably be a big factor in our decision.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 09:58 AM

In the years we might have considered moving to another country, we had two young families to merge and look after. Not much thought was given to anything other than that ..and work.

We couldn't consider moving to another land now because of physical problems. Never mind though, we have a comfortable bungalow with everything in it to make life as comfortable as possible. It's situated in a reasonably pleasant area with good places to visit all around. That will have to do.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 10:40 AM

Itīs interesting reading the above posts. As I have mentioned, it was life changing events that prompted our move, if the event hadnīt occurred, in all probability we would have carried on for more years, going to work, and talking about what we would do when we retired.

It was when my closest friend, who had just driven me 250 miles, was later that same day taken very seriously ill, brain tumour diagnosed. During one of her lucid moments she said to me "whatever you are planning to do, do it now whilst you can, if you hadnīt ducked when you did that little arrow would have hit you and not me". Those words have never left me, and the thing is, she was right. After her death 8 horrendous months later I was a very different person. I took her words to heart and basically that was it, I wanted to do what we had only talked about. At that time we could afford to do it and so, with my sonīs blessing, who said "mum just go for it, you might never get another chance", so we did. We took a big leap into the unknown, had some incredible experiences, a real adventure and we have very few, if any, regrets about taking such a huge step.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 01:24 PM

Nah, staying put, strange, but when you've put up with something long enough, the urge is to hang around and watch the Sh.t hit the fan.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2017, 09:46 AM

I was late going abroad on holiday 27 years old
But from that first holiday in Spain I said I am going to live here that was 1976
Bought our first apartment in 1986 and have never looked back
Moved house more times in Spain than in England
Made loads of cash doing so
Have lived here now 10 years all our friends moved from Leeds here and we have met loads of new friends from all over the world
life is great and the sun shines and the golf is great as is the NHS

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top