Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
channeal
Sussex UK
channeal is female  channeal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 12:10 PM

Newbie who loves computers

Just calling in to say 'hello' as only joined yesterday. Looking forward to finding my way around and maybe 'meeting' one or two of you.

Would particularly love to know if any of the members here love computers like me, as I don't know a single person in my 'real' life who shares my interest - and I feel like I am the odd one out. I am married to someone who loves sport (golf, football, pretty much anything sport-related ) and there is no shortage of other guys he can talk to about that, but I have nobody at all that I can talk to about computers.

Can't do anything too fancy on the computer, but have done things like loading a new operating system and am really never happier than when I have a new computer problem to try and solve. It absorbs me completely and takes my mind away from other problems (and there are quite a few of those in my life right now). Maybe I am just a very sad person though!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 12:18 PM

Re: Newbie who loves computers

Hello Chris welcome....
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 12:20 PM

Hello and welcome Chris, certainly a few peeps on here that are savvy with tech.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 12:22 PM

Good afternoon Chris darlin' and welcome neighbour!!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 12:23 PM

Hello Chris a warm welcome to Over50sForum....
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 12:29 PM

Hello Chris,

We know each other from blogging. We're not able to Private message on this forum until we've been members for 3 months. It's a shame we lost touch, hope you are well. My blog is private now as I was having some problems. This forum seems really nice and glad I found it. I hope you enjoy your stay here too, seems to be something for everyone.
channeal
Sussex UK
channeal is female  channeal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 02:17 PM

Thank you all for your messages. Didn't realise my name was actually public, so was surprised when you all called me Chris.

Waving at Uncle Joe from just along the coast in what is at the moment a very rainy Shoreham. Didn't see you were from Brighton at first either: seem to be in an especially stupid frame of mind today

Still in stupid mode...... Leia, couldn't think who on earth you could be for ages - then the penny finally dropped when I saw you were from Wales! Duh! I gave up blogging quite a while ago and pretty much stopped emailing everybody cos the more time that the problems with my daughter have gone on, the more stressed I have got. Seem to be entering a more talkative phase at the moment though! Hope you and your husband are well. Sorry to hear about your blogging problems; you are aware of all the problems I had, so I can really sympathise there. There are some strange people out there in Blogland, eh?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 02:33 PM

Chris darlin' - a little treat for you, since you say you like music from around the world:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GudXZUgQxeg
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by channeal ->
Thank you all for your messages. Didn't realise my name was actually public, so was surprised when you all called me Chris.

Waving at Uncle Joe from just along the coast in what is at the moment a very rainy Shoreham. Didn't see you were from Brighton at first either: seem to be in an especially stupid frame of mind today

Still in stupid mode...... Leia, couldn't think who on earth you could be for ages - then the penny finally dropped when I saw you were from Wales! Duh! I gave up blogging quite a while ago and pretty much stopped emailing everybody cos the more time that the problems with my daughter have gone on, the more stressed I have got. Seem to be entering a more talkative phase at the moment though! Hope you and your husband are well. Sorry to hear about your blogging problems; you are aware of all the problems I had, so I can really sympathise there. There are some strange people out there in Blogland, eh?
Your name is on your profile Chris. I don't put my real name out there anymore. It's too easy for people to track you down and cause unnecessary stress and worry. It was such a nice surprise to see you here, glad you are feeling talkative You've been through an horrendous time, I hope you and your family are coping now. My husband is disabled and we don't get out and about much and it's nice to chat with people on here. I'm slowly getting to know who's who and I enjoy playing the games. I doubt I will be able to chat about computer stuff with you though, you've always been much more knowledgeable than me
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 05:36 PM

Hello and welcome from me too

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top