Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 08:49 AM

Oldest animal

Impossible to think that a living creature could be around so long
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-37047168
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 09:03 AM

Re: Oldest animal

That's amazing, Muddy .... as you say difficult to imagine.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 11:09 AM

I agree with Mags, that it amazing, Muddy.

Makes our comparitively short lives look pretty feeble doesn't it.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 03:53 AM

Muddy, what an incredible share! Nature has her own timeline that I find incredibly moving. Galapagos turtles, bristlecone pines, the fungi and aspens of Colorado, mayflies...the timeline and measuring stick of nature is stunning...and humbling.

As for these sharks, now we know about them and how long it takes for them to reach maturity (150 years) I hope we will just leave them alone...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 05:50 AM

Blimey 400 years old and actually we don't know how old the shark would have lived. So sad to have ended her days tangled in a fishing net
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 01:17 AM

The worst thing is they have been taking them for research (dead) for quite a while now. Said they found them already dead... blatant lies. Strange none have been caught in fishing nets before, and all of a sudden 28 have been caught up and dead ,when they've only just discovered them.

Oddly enough I was thinking about animal life and human life today i.e. our ancestry. It turns out that no other species share human blood types other than the primates. Now considering that science would tell us that we originally all came from an amoeba , it would seem strange to have such a definite dividing line between primates and all other species.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top