Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 09:27 PM

Re: Is your vehicle subject to the London T charge?

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I have no idea what Mups beddies are.
Doggies (Bedlington terriers).
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 10:17 PM

Well I'm going to get charged but hey, I'm never going to be driving in London so a mute point

Moons ago I used to live in Putney. I had to pay rent, poll tax , and a common tax for leaving within X miles of Richmond Park and Wimbledon common. Neither of which I used ( too busy working to pay all these extra taxes)

Then I moved further out. No common taxes, but we got a mayor and had to pay that extra tax. Then they decided to red route everywhere so we had to pay to park in our own street Mr Missy then was slammed with congestion charge plus parking of around £7 an hour, having to shift every two hours

How can the average person afford to run a car in London any more?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Well I'm going to get charged but hey, I'm never going to be driving in London so a mute point

Moons ago I used to live in Putney. I had to pay rent, poll tax , and a common tax for leaving within X miles of Richmond Park and Wimbledon common. Neither of which I used ( too busy working to pay all these extra taxes)

Then I moved further out. No common taxes, but we got a mayor and had to pay that extra tax. Then they decided to red route everywhere so we had to pay to park in our own street Mr Missy then was slammed with congestion charge plus parking of around £7 an hour, having to shift every two hours

How can the average person afford to run a car in London any more?
that's just it isn't it. The ordinary person suffers again.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top