Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 08:41 AM

Re: How many mobiles do you have?

I have one, the one our lovely fender gave me.
My husband has two, one for work one for private use.
Nathan has two, one for family and one for friends.
Gracie has one no internet access just so she can ring or text if she needs us.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 01:01 PM

Itchy for some new tech I bought myself an iPhone 10, so I now have the 8 and the 10 but I sold my Galaxy S8. I'm terrible for my tech lust but I have few vices (at least that's the way I rationalise it). Still, £999 is a lot of money. I've also got a MacBook, iPad Pro, Apple Watch and Airpods so I guess I'm now all Apple. At least these devices all work well with one another.

Granny J
Hampshire
Granny J is female 

19-01-2018, 01:33 PM

I only have one, never thought of getting a back up one.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 01:46 PM

I have 2 at the moment, my old faithful Samsung that can only text or call as a back up, and I had the iphones, each one up to the 6, then I went right off iphones and now have the Hauwei 8 as my main phone and I love it.. Does everything an iPhone does and it's half the price.....Nor does it get slowed down when it's a bit older like the iphones are.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 02:34 PM

I have 2 in case I lose one while I’m out I have a PAYG back up in my handbag , hoping not to lose the handbag of course .
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I have 2 at the moment, my old faithful Samsung that can only text or call as a back up, and I had the iphones, each one up to the 6, then I went right off iphones and now have the Hauwei 8 as my main phone and I love it.. Does everything an iPhone does and it's half the price.....Nor does it get slowed down when it's a bit older like the iphones are.
I wanted a phone with a decent camera, though, and in that respect the 10 doesn't disappoint.It's fair to say that in features and performance it's the best phone in the world currently.

I dislike Chinese branded phones in general - wouldn't buy a Huawei or its kin Honor - having been bitten once before.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 02:57 PM

It's the Hauwei Honor 8 that I've been using the last year and the Honour 7 before that. Both have cracking cameras and I've never had any bother with either of them.
My Grandaughter had the 7 and I had a play with it and loved it, changed from my iPhone the next day and not regretted it one bit...

Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

19-01-2018, 03:01 PM

Thats a year-and-a-half year old phone though with a poor display. Not quite up to iPhone standards. It comes nowhere near it in benchmark tests ie. how it handles day to day. Stereo speakers for Netflix and YouTube are common now. Even my iPhone 8 has stereo speakers and tru-tone, but fair enough, for the budget spender, Honor does seem to be getting some traction at the expense of HTC and the lower end LGs.

I just know I wouldn't have any use for them.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 04:00 PM

One. Samsung J3 2016 that is fine for my needs, not flashy or anything. Just does the job as a phone and to rabbit to you rabble
Cost me £126 new. I pay £7.50 per month for the internet and that's it. Nowt else to pay.
Good phone. I like it. Yes I do.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 04:41 PM

Ffosse, I am due for an update and am on the fence between the 8 and the 10. Since you have used both, is there anything about the 10 that you would say justifies the price?

I am disinclined to spend the extra on the 10 unless this one does the wash and is a good conversationalist when going out to dinner.

I have one phone, and my young daughter who still lives with me has one too. The primary purpose of my buying her one is so I can have her call my phone to locate it somwhere in the house, though I suppose it could be a backup if necessary.

We have no land lines, and have not had any for about ten years.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top