Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 01:37 PM

Re: You Can’t Beat Cheese And Crackers, As A Little Snack!

Every day has to have cheese in it somewhere - with or without crackers!

I love Shropshire red, Ewes Milk Wensleydale, Extra strong Cheddar, white Stilton and double Gloucester. Not keen on slimy stuff like Brie or Camembert.

Like Philly and Laughing Cow on toast with a touch of marmite !!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 01:44 PM

As a diabetic, I usually need a light snack around 8pm to keep my blood sugars balanced through the night.

I nearly always have cheese and biscuits.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 02:49 PM

Just recently I’ve taken to eating smaller meals and more snacks so cheese and crackers usually features somewhere. Favourites are seeded crispbreads with Wensleydale & Ginger. Only got Cheddar and Blue Stilton at the moment so need to stock up.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I love cheese and crackers or is it, crackers and cheese? What do you say?

If l’m a bit hungry, l butter four Jacobs cream crackers, and fill them with slices of tasty Canadian cheddar or Davidstow cheese.
Sometimes, l have some of the pickled onions l make every year at this time for Christmas.

Add a nice cup of tea and you can’t beat it, to ‘hit the spot’!

Are you a big fan of cheese and crackers? If not, what do you have for a quick snack, when you’re feeling hungry?

Angel darlin' - not Jacobs crackers!!! - please do it properly - use Carr's Cheese Melts. Use Stilton or St.Agur blue cheese to each biscuit until you have enough for a decent 'snack' (never less than six!!!). place them on a plate, then pour yourself a glass of Port or very strong Red wine. Take plate and glas into lounge - relax in a decent armchair - put feet up. Pick up plate eat biscuits and drink wine - relax!!!
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Angel darlin' - not Jacobs crackers!!! - please do it properly - use Carr's Cheese Melts. Use Stilton or St.Agur blue cheese to each biscuit until you have enough for a decent 'snack' (never less than six!!!). place them on a plate, then pour yourself a glass of Port or very strong Red wine. Take plate and glas into lounge - relax in a decent armchair - put feet up. Pick up plate eat biscuits and drink wine - relax!!!
Got to agree with the Port, goes down well with cheese, don’t often think to buy it though.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 04:31 PM

I am the same as you Art. I like most cheese, except for that runny stuff.
allottment
warwickshire
allottment is female  allottment has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 06:10 PM

Has anyone got a halogen oven I would like some basic recipes to cook on mine be grateful for any tips
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
UJ, darlink, l am talking about a snack in the day, not a cheeseboard selection of cheeses and and savoury biscuits!
I do like a cheeseboard with nice red wine. Not Port, it gives me a raging headache!

I do like St Agur but l prefer Castello Blue cheese!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 09:27 PM

Four crackers with cheese on would do me for a meal Art

And UJ darlin's idea of a snack would probably feed the biblical 5 thousand .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Four crackers with cheese on would do me for a meal Art

And UJ darlin's idea of a snack would probably feed the biblical 5 thousand .
Morti, I didn’t like to say....I sometimes have six crackers....they are so moreish!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top