Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2017, 11:58 AM

Re: Whiter Chips

Is this about blanching the potatoes before frying or lowering the cooking temperature .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
The EU has announced another one.

When going to the Chip shop they have now got to serve you up Pale colour Chips, not to be golden for Health reasons.

What do you think?
Isn't this a prime example of why so many of us want to leave.

We already have bureaucrats a plenty of our own without some idiots in Brussels making up their own ridiculous rules.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Isn't this a prime example of why so many of us want to leave.

We already have bureaucrats a plenty of our own without some idiots in Brussels making up their own ridiculous rules.

What's worse than the silly rules is that someone gets a lot of money to come up with them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 11:49 AM

Pale chips ? Yuk. I'd like to see them police this. If shops don't sell what we want we make it at home. My vegetarian husband still eats his bacon burned to a crisp I'd like to see anyone try to stop him
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Pale chips ? Yuk. I'd like to see them police this. If shops don't sell what we want we make it at home. My vegetarian husband still eats his bacon burned to a crisp I'd like to see anyone try to stop him
Yes, I have often wondered whether they actually debate their silly decisions before putting them into their silly 'rules'.

Perhaps the Belgians like pale, underdone chips. They've probably gone out on a 'fact finding mission' along some of the streets adjacent to their expensive parliament building and come to the conclusion that the whole of Europe, including ourselves, like pale chips as much as we like Belgian chocolates.

Actually, I do like Belgian (and Swiss - especially Swiss) chocolates.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 12:23 PM

Can you imagine a typical day in the EU Office of Pointless Rules;

'Right, ok persons of nondescript gender, we have to come up with a new rule by the end of the day. Any suggestions?'

'Er, what about straight bananas?'

'No, we've done that'

'Er, what abouuuuuuuuut .....making it illegal for a child under eight to blow up a balloon?'

'I think we did that one too, last year.'

'How abouuuuuut..... All cats and dogs must wear socks when they go walkies?'

SILENCE!..........

'Yes.....Yes..... Excellent (M)Arthur, that's a good one. Right let's get working on that, I'll need it on my desk by 5pm today people.'

(Lots of cheering and the opening of non fizzy champagne)
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-12-2017, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Can you imagine a typical day in the EU Office of Pointless Rules;

'Right, ok persons of nondescript gender, we have to come up with a new rule by the end of the day. Any suggestions?'

'Er, what about straight bananas?'

'No, we've done that'

'Er, what abouuuuuuuuut .....making it illegal for a child under eight to blow up a balloon?'

'I think we did that one too, last year.'

'How abouuuuuut..... All cats and dogs must wear socks when they go walkies?'

SILENCE!..........

'Yes.....Yes..... Excellent (M)Arthur, that's a good one. Right let's get working on that, I'll need it on my desk by 5pm today people.'

(Lots of cheering and the opening of non fizzy champagne)
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't recall ever seeing golden chips in a chippy. Perhaps in a posh one they are less anaemic.
Because the EU can do no wrong.....You are so trusting.....

Send us your bank card and pin number I want to put some money in your account!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-12-2017, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't recall ever seeing golden chips in a chippy. Perhaps in a posh one they are less anaemic.
You haven't said where in the UK you live, but that's probably because you live darn sarf where they prefer anaemic chips.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Because the EU can do no wrong.....You are so trusting.....

Send us your bank card and pin number I want to put some money in your account!!
No, I really have never seen any golden chips from a British chippy. If I make them myself then yes but never in a caf. I've seen golden chips in the US. They are not white here but they are never golden either.

NB : If you send me your online bank details Moscow I will make it easier for you to make that transfer, because you won't have to even lift a finger, just let me know any funny numbers that are texted to you - ok?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top