Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 05:55 AM

What kind of Brexit do you want?

Hi

It turns out that our Government have not even discussed what sort of Brexit we want.

When we do progress to negotiating a Trade Deal, we have no idea what we want, a totally stupid state of affairs.

There are many types of Brexit, so I would like to know what is your preference.

My personal view is the Swiss Style of relationship.

A series of agreements, but free to negotiate our own deals.

It means accepting Free Movement, but that is easily dealt with by altering our Benefits system, which is stupid in the extreme.

Switzerland has a very successful economy, excellent healthcare and Benefits and a high standard of living.

It is a good example of what I wish for the UK.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 06:27 AM

Re: What kind of Brexit do you want?

I too favour the Swiss model. But this took them years to negotiate and negotiations are ongoing. They have a referendum on every change to the agreements with the EU. Switzerland is very different to the UK. For a start, their trains run on time....they set high standards for themselves. We used to but don't now.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I too favour the Swiss model. But this took them years to negotiate and negotiations are ongoing. They have a referendum on every change to the agreements with the EU. Switzerland is very different to the UK. For a start, their trains run on time....they set high standards for themselves. We used to but don't now.
The trains run on time in Russia and Burma too......that shows how facile that particular point is because by your reckoning we should convert to Buddhism, persecute Muslim immigrants and invade Crimea....lol!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 07:02 AM

Hi

The Swiss model has already been agreed, so I see no reason for the EU to object.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It turns out that our Government have not even discussed what sort of Brexit we want.

When we do progress to negotiating a Trade Deal, we have no idea what we want, a totally stupid state of affairs.

There are many types of Brexit, so I would like to know what is your preference.

My personal view is the Swiss Style of relationship.

A series of agreements, but free to negotiate our own deals.

It means accepting Free Movement, but that is easily dealt with by altering our Benefits system, which is stupid in the extreme.

Switzerland has a very successful economy, excellent healthcare and Benefits and a high standard of living.

It is a good example of what I wish for the UK.

Altering the benefits system will not affect the numbers of EU migrants significantly. Most EU migrants are here to work.

It might affect the number of asylum seekers and illegals but that's a different argument..

The best Brexit would be the one that allows us to trade on agreed terms with whomever we choose without interference from Brussels.
One that allows British laws and British courts primacy and one that allows the UK to police it's own borders.

I would suspect it will a deal that is tailored for the UK and unlike the other deals already in place.....I expect the negotiations on trade to be far tougher than thus far and I fully expect a deal to be agreed at one minute to midnight on the final day of our EU membership.......
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

08-12-2017, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Altering the benefits system will not affect the numbers of EU migrants significantly. Most EU migrants are here to work.

It might affect the number of asylum seekers and illegals but that's a different argument..

The best Brexit would be the one that allows us to trade on agreed terms with whomever we choose without interference from Brussels.
One that allows British laws and British courts primacy and one that allows the UK to police it's own borders.

I would suspect it will a deal that is tailored for the UK and unlike the other deals already in place.....I expect the negotiations on trade to be far tougher than thus far and I fully expect a deal to be agreed at one minute to midnight on the final day of our EU membership.......
Hi

Any Rational analysis of your post would show how much you are wrong.

Our Benefits system is unique in the EU.

That is why so many come here to the UK.

A simple example.

Anna came here last year, I took her to the Job Center to get her NI Number.

Five minutes and she had one.

No checks at all on her Criminal Record or Qualifications.

No check on her ability to speak or write English.

She can do both and is a highly qualified Food Microbiologist.

The Interview was conducted in Polish.

I do work in both Poland and France.

The French interview was entirely in French, not an issue for me.

My Polish Interview started off in Polish, very basic stuff.

I do work for the Polish Government.

My Formal Polish is not very good, my written Polish is terrible.

My informal Polish, slang words and swearing is very good.

I got my Number straight away.

If we adopted the same systems, EU Immigration would be decimated.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 10:20 AM

Do you have Polish heritage Swim?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

08-12-2017, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
The trains run on time in Russia and Burma too......that shows how facile that particular point is because by your reckoning we should convert to Buddhism, persecute Muslim immigrants and invade Crimea....lol!
According to my friend who used to work in Switzerland if they are even a tiny bit late there are outraged articles in the media and a formal apology from the train company.

But it was just an example of their commitment to excellence. Something we could learn from. We definitely used to have it in the past. I'm not sure what happened.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

08-12-2017, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Do you have Polish heritage Swim?
Hi

Nope, absolutely not.

I did go to a Catholic Grammar School where many did, that was in Huddersfield.

I now live in a village with a Polish Heritage, going back to WW2 and the airfield here.

My French is as a result of School Exchanges and going over there to do my Baccalaureate .

I speak basic Arabic, Farsi, Pashto and Ukrainian as a result of my job.

Basic Thai, Tagalog etc is as a result of my travels.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 11:22 AM

When I voted there was only on brexit, we stand alone for good or bad. Eu has no part in our lives. It was triggered by article 50 and a year or so later we would be free to do what we need to make our country better.

All that's happening is we are getting nothing like many of voted for, a mess that won't go any way to help us in the long run.

Scared weak people doing the negotiations. Trying to keep us tethered to a leviathan that will eventually fail taking us down with them.

Had enough I just hope grace and her generation don't judge us too badly.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top