Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 05:00 PM

bad computer problem sorted

Ok lets start off with the equipment. Desktop computer running window7 64bit. SSD as drive "C" and 2 HDD'd as backups.
Problems initially was no icons in devices and printers display. everything elso ok.
So to fix it after trying everything else including checking register (impossible task unless absolute expert) the next step was system restore.

Great thought I being stupid , that will fix it!!!!!
Oh yes that fixed it the icons returned, BUT I knocked out my adobe 14 Elements editing suites .

DAMN

Well trying to install them was a no go and message said go to Adobe services help page. So off i go only to find they have stopped the original program.

so found my way to Adobe advisory ,YES that will help,NO it didn't damn well help at all. seems my problem many have also had reading on the internet. They have gone over mainly to cloud which i don't use

Load of head scratching.

OK lets attack the problem another way

What about removing all existing adobe products stored on the drives, that will be a start. So did that and still could not reload the eding suites. Seems I missed something on a backup drive I found out later

By now into day 2

Day 2 pm brainway. Why not disconnect the 2 backup hard drives to isolate any problems they might be causing.

So disconnected them and again cleared out any remaining adobe products on drive "c"

Ok backup HDD's disconnected and no adobe products on main SSD drive. So now load adobe elements dvd disk into drive "c" and YIPPEE they downloads onto the computer.

Downloaded the elements photo version firsts and restarted computer to reload the video version.

Next step was to reconnect one backup drive I knew was clear of anything adobe and checked.

So now have the devices and printer icons back and the editing suites as well. Also had to reinstall the printer as it was going to txt files which i didn't want.

Lot of head scratching and searhing but got here in the end
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 11:34 PM

Re: bad computer problem sorted

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
the next step was system restore. . . .

Oh yes that fixed it the icons returned, BUT I knocked out my adobe 14 Elements editing suites .
It seems from the info you present that you aren't making enough System Save points.

You installed Adobe stuff at some point, and then time passed. In the time that passed you should have made more frequent Restore Points.

Without them, it seems your only restore point was before you installed the Adobe software.

You can manually create restore points any time you wish.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 12:29 AM

Re: bad computer problem sorted

I did make a lot of restore points. One of the windows updates knocked out something in register initially blanking out device and printer program. One of the restore points fixed it and would not keep the Adobe editing programs.

I am not the only one this happened to with Adobe and Windows updates.Some had other faults crop up.

I used to be able to restore Adobe via there old support program but that has been withdrawn.

Windows updates arn't all they are cracked up to be they can throw up errors in other programs

In the end it was conflict between the 3 hard drives where the problem lay.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top