Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 11:51 PM

Re: Dihydrocodeine

I took co-co codamel self prescribed which caused other problems badly and had to wean myself from them. My fault. They are addictive.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by sarah kay ->
I took co-co codamel self prescribed which caused other problems badly and had to wean myself from them. My fault. They are addictive.
I always take co-codomol when my back is bad, I've never found them to be addictive. I only take one at a time though as two makes me feel nauseous.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by sarah kay ->
Of course they are. That's the point. Addiction creates demand for more product. Co-Codamol, Codeine, Morphine etc. Stay well away. Seen it with other people. They swear blind they need it for pain relief but their cupboards and drawers are full of the things in long strip foil packs.

A slow way to kill yourself and introduce lots of gastro problems along the way.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 10:24 AM

They are fine and effective in moderation; of course, one doesn't want to be taking them regularly.

When I had cancer I was prescribed morphine and tramadol - had no issues getting off those.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 10:33 AM

I would have thought that if you had been prescribed these strong , possibly addictive pain killers your Doctor would have asked you to come back to him within 14 days to check .
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 10:57 AM

Yes, I've been seeing my doctor regularly.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Otherwise known as DF 118 ,an opiate .
No wonder it was bloody hard as you say and brought on some withdrawal symptoms ,well done ,I’m impressed even if your doctor wasn’t .
Based on what I have read here, and internet research I have decided to stop taking my nightly DHC, two nights without them so far. It seems harder than previously remember, I am getting quite twitchy and restless throughout the night and not sleeping very well, early days I suppose, it can only get worse
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

24-01-2018, 05:19 PM

I have to take 2 codeine phosphate (60mg) at night with 2 paracetamol; if it wasn't for that I wouldn't sleep.

Waking up at 4am is quite common and the pain returns though not as intense as before. Then I'll either take 2 more codeine or 1 diclofenac tablet.

I've never taken more than 6 codeine in one day, though.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I have to take 2 codeine phosphate (60mg) at night with 2 paracetamol; if it wasn't for that I wouldn't sleep.

Waking up at 4am is quite common and the pain returns though not as intense as before. Then I'll either take 2 more codeine or 1 diclofenac tablet.

I've never taken more than 6 codeine in one day, though.
I am trying to wean myself of DHC I will have to stick with the pain I guess
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Based on what I have read here, and internet research I have decided to stop taking my nightly DHC, two nights without them so far. It seems harder than previously remember, I am getting quite twitchy and restless throughout the night and not sleeping very well, early days I suppose, it can only get worse
Yes it can . I wouldn't go down the road you've chosen if it was me. I think you're going to get some unwelcome withdrawal symptoms but your life ,your choice.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top