Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 02:07 PM

Re: Amazon Echo Dot

If I ever loose complete use of my hands I might consider one, until then I think it's preferable to use my hands and my mind to chose music and I can see out the window what the weathers doing.

Amazon music is great any album or single you've ever bought from Amazon is available free to listen on your phone, they have free radio stations too again great no dj talking just pure music.

I'm not convinced how secure the voice activated devices are.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 02:08 PM

I'm not sure I really 'get' all this remote control stuff although I'm sure, eventually I will fall in with everyone else. I can understand that it is clever technology and that we like to play with around with this type of thing but is it really necessary?

Is it necessary to be able to turn your heating on or up when you are on the train when it can be put on timer and thermostatically controlled?

Is it too much trouble to push a button on the radio or tv?

I'm not having a go at those who have these things but would like to know your reasons for having them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 02:15 PM

Well I can it helping if as I said you lose your use of your hands etc but considering we are all being told to move around more I can't imagine they will help the obesity crisis.

I agree about turning on heating etc that's what the central heating programmer is for. Why pay for one of them and replace it with a cheaper model.
Canadian (sorry)
New Member!
Ontario, Canada
Canadian (sorry) is male 

29-12-2017, 03:16 PM

I appreciate what people are saying, however I treat everything as possibly spying on me. Paranoid? No. Just that I know the NSA was able to turn on smartphone mics without indication, that people can turn on webcams secretly, etc. I monitor my bank account and credit card on a daily basis to ensure they have not been compromised, however the majority of my life is so humdrum that if google or someone cares to listen to me adding Bran Flakes to my shopping list, and is not bored to tears, then I am not going to worry about it. And while not a necessity, I do like gadgets that save time and effort, or make life a tad more pleasant. I use my Samsung Note 8 all the time (while not trusting that anything I say or enter may not be secure).

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top