Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 05:20 PM

Re: Macron

Even as we speak, I am reading that the EU are voting to do away with the "Dublin Regulation" that meant any immigrants arriving to the first safe EU country was the responsibility of that country and should be registered there. Macron is one of those all for it

That's the thing with the EU. Spew out a law, but when it doesn't suit them, away with it. All good for the Med countries such as Greece, Spain and Italy etc who have borne the brunt of illegals, But instead of doing something to eradicate the problem, hey ho, easy solution - just get rid of the Dublin Regulation and allow the EU unelected suits to demand (and expect) that every other EU country,(whether their economy or social services can afford it) be ordered to take them all in.

Says it all really. We tried to put our argument about this little island being too small to accommodate so many immigrants all at once during the Blair/Brown years, but were shouted down as racists and bigots with even threats of prison for race hate crime. Frightening times for those who only wished others to see how the fabric of our society was rapidly collapsing due to the great influx all at once.

So I thank God that the Referendum result went our way for leaving. I will admit I was as shocked as remain voters at the result. I did not realise just how many others in this country felt exactly the same. but will admit to feeling absolutely victorious, and still savour that feeling now, regardless of the traitors in two Houses (no doubt having feathered their own rich nests from the EU for years) doing their utmost to destroy the democratic will of the people.

Contrary to belief, most leavers do not know how things will be once we finally break free, but whatever it is, we will face it head on and take any hardships on the chin because we will finally be free to make our own mistakes but it will be OUR mistakes, and not laws, regulations and red tape forced on this beautiful Island by unelected suits who want every citizen from every European country to be known as European. Well, sorry Mrs Merkle, when anyone asks me, I am not European, I am English first, British next. I have never been a European and never want to be.
If that leaves me open to the usual insults from the remain community on here, let me put my trusty tin helmet on first please.

Finally, apart from Forums, the quiet Leave majority have remained silent in the last 18 months or so since the Referendum. The people with the loudest voices are those who have been doing their utmost to stop Brexit. There is not much we can do about the croneys placed in the Lords to make as much mischief as they can over Brexit, except perhaps cull their numbers, but..... I can almost guarantee those traitorous MP's who have decided to speak for themselves rather than their constituents wishes, will know the feeling of unemployment when the next GE comes around. The silent majority will once again, show their feeling at being p.....d on from a great height from the very people they put into Parliament to speak and act on their behalf.

The British Bulldog is alive, well and still wagging his tail!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 05:32 PM

My apologies if the above sounds like a tirade. I didn't mean it to. I am just so excited and yes, nervous too, at the thought of regaining everything that we possibly can that was taken from us. To never again be treated just as a cash cow and a sub-parliament in name only but with no authority.

We were being bled dry of EVERYTHING.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 05:38 PM

Sounded fine to me shropie.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Macron is now demanding that the UK pay the hundreds of Millions required to alter Calais and Dunkerque to accommodate Brexit

There is an hidden agenda here, he wants to scrap the checks there and move the Borders back to the Dover.
Quite right too, why the hell should the French foot the bill for British Border Security in their country? We wouldn't pay if the boot was on the other foot.

Brexiters want to be shot of the EU, and that is one of the consequences. Suck it up...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
Quite right too, why the hell should the French foot the bill for British Border Security in their country? We wouldn't pay if the boot was on the other foot.

Brexiters want to be shot of the EU, and that is one of the consequences. Suck it up...
Hi

The French do not pay for Border Security, we do.

What he is after is hundreds of millions to pay for lorry parks for customs inspections, an entirely different thing.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 06:30 PM

Hi Summer the markets are doing OK but the Pound is crap not bothered about markets want a strong pound though most of our money is in euros
and all off shore in a trust so no tax

As to what shropshire girl was saying stop giving out beifits and no one will come nobody comes to Spain they get bugger all here in fact they don't give their own anything
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 07:06 PM

What the hell did you expect? They were doing us a favour but you obviously could not see it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I thought there was an international agreement about this I forget what it is but surely they cannot let anyone on boats with no documents? The French are just behaving so badly I hope the rest of the international community see that.

Some good news though I don't know if anyone noticed but the UK financial markets have taken off after Xmas and closed on an all-time high out performing both France and Germany. Haven't seen that on the news.
There is strong global growth. If we were not going through brexit we'd have had a boom here which is just what we need.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

31-12-2017, 07:17 PM

Vainy, I guess you are right in some ways. It is the fault of the original two idiots, Blair and Brown for enticing Immigrants to come here without putting in place any restrictions whatsoever regarding Employment, Housing and especially Benefits which the Indiginous population had been paying taxes for years to obtain same.

I will not go over every reason for that madness because it has been flogged to death on this forum, Suffice to say that it is because of those two, with the added help from Cameron and his motley crew, that has led us to this - our leaving the EU.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Vainy, I guess you are right in some ways. It is the fault of the original two idiots, Blair and Brown for enticing Immigrants to come here without putting in place any restrictions whatsoever regarding Employment, Housing and especially Benefits which the Indiginous population had been paying taxes for years to obtain same.

I will not go over every reason for that madness because it has been flogged to death on this forum, Suffice to say that it is because of those two, with the added help from Cameron and his motley crew, that has led us to this - our leaving the EU.
The EU have had some input in to our decision .
They way they treated Greece etc.

The absolute arrogance and failure to desist from the aim of ever closer union at any cost .

The failure to deal with the migrant crisis.

The antipathy shown towards the UK over decades of membership.......

All of that was a factor also!

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top