Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 02:55 PM

Streetvet

Many homeless people are not willing to give up their animals, but how can they ever hope to afford to get veterinary care for them?

I was heartened to read about these people, who give support to the pets of these homeless people.

They do not only provide veterinary care though, they also provide leads, toys, blankets etc. and I can only hope their initiative spreads.

http://www.streetvet.co.uk/
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 02:39 PM

Re: Streetvet

Lovely idea Mups, something to knit for too!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Lovely idea Mups, something to knit for too!

Lovely idea Tess, and thanks for looking.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 03:37 PM

Does the PDSA not provide a free veterinary service as well. Met a homeless gal last year she had a ferret on a lead. Looked as fit as a butchers dog mind you,had a canny chat with her.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-01-2018, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Does the PDSA not provide a free veterinary service as well. Met a homeless gal last year she had a ferret on a lead. Looked as fit as a butchers dog mind you,had a canny chat with her.

I believe the PDA stopped doing this Nom, not sure.
I don't they helped with blankets, leads, bowls and other stuff for the homeless people as well though, did they?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 05:44 PM

PDSA are stopping Pet Aid. They helped me with Floyd's bills.
They say they're thinking of vouchers for £25 a month which doesn't help much towards huge vet bills.
I was lucky I could give a donation towards treatment, I don't think homeless people could.
I think vet bills need looking into, there's going to be a lot more abandoned pets if people can't get help.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

12-01-2018, 05:53 PM

I know there are people who say people who can't afford pets shouldn't have them but for those who have very little a companion and a warm body to cuddle can make your life worthwhile, human or animal.
I think the Blue Cross may help and RSPCA and Cats Protection help with neutering I believe.
I watched, "A Street Cat Named Bob" recently, it shows just what a pet can do for a homeless person. Brilliant movie.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 11:01 PM

I loved A Street Cat Named Bob! Well worth the watch.

I love the idea of Streetvet. And I applaud them.
If we had anything similar here, we would definitely support them.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

13-01-2018, 09:50 AM

Street Vets are asking for votes on FB to become Nosey Barker's charity of the year. I suppose that means they will help support them like supermarkets choose a charity to support.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 01:05 PM

What a great idea Mups. These street pets are normally abandoned and looked after by the homeless. Sometimes I think the homeless look after the animals more than themselves.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top