Join for free
Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 03:39 PM

Re: It's Been Puzzling Me????

I can't see any slagging off so perhaps it's a rather too sensitive way comments are being looked at.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 03:49 PM

I've accepted the result of the referendum, but haven't accepted that the vote in any way defined the shape brexit takes.

Everyone has their own personal brexit and reasons for voting. Some agree with each other on their interpretation of what the word meant, others don't agree that was ever a plan (which is my view) so we have all this bickering in Parliament.

People project their own hopes and aspirations on that one word. It's like a list for Santa. But there was nothing on the ballot paper or anywhere official how the word "leave" was defined. I totally blame Cameron for that. Very poor planning and a complete lack of vision.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 03:54 PM

There is only one way to leave, it's being over complicated by some trying to make things go their way usually to keep us in. But leave means just one thing.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
There is only one way to leave, it's being over complicated by some trying to make things go their way usually to keep us in. But leave means just one thing.
Unfortunately this is where we disagree. It was never defined officially. To me the referendum was a decision the rest is up to the government to work out and not for individuals to decide. (unless they choose to consult us again...::groan:: )
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

01-01-2018, 04:22 PM

I thought Teresa may said it all when she took power. Leave means leave. That gave me great confidence, of course she's been got at since but that one sentance summed it up.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Unfortunately It was never defined officially. To me the referendum was a decision the rest is up to the government to work out and not for individuals to decide.
This is just vain hope in some kind of a BrExit fudge.

Leave really does mean leave.

It means we MUST exit from the control of the EU and equally from the control of the ECJ

Everything else is formality and the establishment of new relationships, which is fine, but those 2 fundamentals absolutely MUST be carried out.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone had rightly accepted the result, disappointed as many may have been and have always been after every General Election when their vote wasn't enough. As others on here say, respect it and move forward instead of treating the result as a colossal error and must be discounted.

Just imagine the extra power we would have had during the first part of the negotiations with the EU team, with them knowing that our government had the full backing of all of its people.
Excellent - very well said.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

01-01-2018, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I thought Teresa may said it all when she took power. Leave means leave. That gave me great confidence, of course she's been got at since but that one sentance summed it up.
She's said a lot of things and then changed her mind....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

01-01-2018, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
This is just vain hope in some kind of a BrExit fudge.

Leave really does mean leave.

It means we MUST exit from the control of the EU and equally from the control of the ECJ

Everything else is formality and the establishment of new relationships, which is fine, but those 2 fundamentals absolutely MUST be carried out.
"Brexit means brexit" is as one MP recently said in a radio interview "a load of vacuous tosh" which is meaningless.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 04:47 PM

As Shropshire Said

How is it that with every General or Local Election, the result has always been respected and accepted by the electorate, even if it was not the result that one voted for.
And yet, there is no respect whatsoever for the Referendum result. I find this astounding. I can guarantee you that if the result had gone the other way to remain, Leavers would have respected that result. So why do Remainers find it so hard to be respectful of the vote to leave? I hear constantly from one corner of the Remainer room to the other "We fully respect the decision of the majority" whilst at the same time, spitting venom at anyone who declares that they voted to leave.

I think the answer is that in any normal election after 5 years you can vote again but with a referendum one go thats it never another try

I am certain had the vote gone the other way Farage and his merry band of overpaid I don't want to be in the EU but I'll take the money would have been bleeting like stuck pigs

Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top