Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 01:28 PM

Oh Dear!!! - Brexit not going so well

Seems the scumbag 'nasty party' are not doing well with their trade deals post brexit - I wonder why???

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...3D834338687_uk
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 01:59 PM

Re: Oh Dear!!! - Brexit not going so well

Hi

Trade deals are important UJ, less money means more austerity.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Trade deals are important UJ, less money means more austerity.

Yes I'm aware of that, so why have the scumbag 'nasty party' failed so spectacularly???
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 03:34 AM

Seriously Joe me old pal, me old beauty?

You really think that

A. They are going to announce who they are negotiating with to begin negotiations? The negotiations just to begin negotiations can take years (Two years in the case of EU/Australia negotiations - now the actual negotiations are on hold)

B. That there will be anything to announce for at least a couple of years or so?

If you do then you have absolutely no idea of what trade deals are about and the secrecy involved. Just remember who your main trading partner is... The EU and they are no longer your mates. The USA under Trump thinks that trade deals are a dirty word (think TPP for a start) so who are you going to negotiate with?

No doubt behind the scenes talks are going on but you won't hear about them for a very long time.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 11:35 AM

I'm pretty certain it's due to talk about stretching out the time we are still joined to eu. Prior and just after the referendum people were queuing up but it must have been like a smack in the face to be told hang on we can't even talk to you for years.

The eu has made it so we can't get off the starting blocks we have to pull them along behind us as we limp forward.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 11:40 AM

Talking about the TPP...

Britain is reportedly interested in joining the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade bloc after it leaves the European Union.

Key points:

Britain would have to leave the EU before entering into the TPP
The UK Government is hoping to boost post-Brexit exports
The 11-country pact was salvaged after the US pulled out in January

Britain has started informal talks about joining the bloc in a bid to boost post-Brexit exports, the Financial Times newspaper said.

There you go Joe, me old pal, me old beauty - all is not lost and your scum bag nasty party have redeemed themselves.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 11:41 AM

Bloody hell we had better not be ! That's not an option I was thinking about when I voted out.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm pretty certain it's due to talk about stretching out the time we are still joined to eu. Prior and just after the referendum people were queuing up but it must have been like a smack in the face to be told hang on we can't even talk to you for years.

The eu has made it so we can't get off the starting blocks we have to pull them along behind us as we limp forward.
Hi

Nobody was queuing up at all, that was just propaganda.

Trade Deals take years, we can talk to and negotiate with whoever we want, we can sign on the day we leave and any deals come into force immediately.

What has happened is that Liam Fox has alienated so many many Countries, they have formally complained to the WTO.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

03-01-2018, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nobody was queuing up at all, that was just propaganda.

Trade Deals take years, we can talk to and negotiate with whoever we want, we can sign on the day we leave and any deals come into force immediately.

What has happened is that Liam Fox has alienated so many many Countries, they have formally complained to the WTO.
Well they must have been lying then when they were interviewed on various radio shows saying they were looking forward to dealing with us. It never occured to me they would do that.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

03-01-2018, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well they must have been lying then when they were interviewed on various radio shows saying they were looking forward to dealing with us. It never occured to me they would do that.

Hi

India, no trade deal without Immigration, USA, put massive Tariffs on our Bombardier aircraft, Trump is withdrawing from Trade Deals and going protectionist.

The USA Canada and New Zealand have lodged formal objections to the UK.

The UK has not managed to formally secure a Trade Deal with any of the over 50 Countries we had deals with as part of the EU even though the EU has agreed the Tariff Schedule splits with us.

That is down to the incompetence of Liam Fox, not action by the EU.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top