Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 12:54 PM

Re: Screen brightness

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Hi JBR!

Your PC has plenty of power (memory & Drive wise) and the problem is unlikely to be in there.

However, if I search the web, using "Chrome & Image Problems", there are a number of hits that I wasn't aware of.

One of them leads to some ways to get Chrome set up properly:-

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3160...-fix-them.html

PC world is not always my first choice support - but this seems to be a reasonable way to start.

I'd focus on Chrome & see if any other apps have the same problem.
I have read through the link you supplied and there are some interesting things. However, I have not made any changes (except for the default size - was set to 100%, now on 125% which makes text easier to read).
Nothing else seemed to apply to the problem.
It does appear, however, that the slight 'dimming - brightening' effect only happens in Chrome, so hopefully that has narrowed things down a little.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 12:57 PM

Realspeed and TedC, thank you both for your advice.
Although the 'problem' remains, you have explained a lot to me for which I am grateful.
I can live with this phenomenon - it isn't really a problem - but if any further suggestions are forthcoming I should be grateful and am happy to try them.
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 07:36 PM

Can anyone tell me how to brighten my screen have tried but useless with tech stuff just a quick east answer the screen has suddenly very dull. Thanks
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

30-01-2018, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by sarah kay ->
Can anyone tell me how to brighten my screen have tried but useless with tech stuff just a quick east answer the screen has suddenly very dull. Thanks
I think that really depends on your computer.

I have a laptop and screen brightness alteration is really very simple. In my case, I hold down the Function (Fn) button and at the same time press f2 (darker) or f3 (brighter).

There are people here who know far more than I do. I should tell us more about your computer and model, etc., and I'm sure that someone can tell you exactly what to do.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top