Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 05:04 PM

Re: Why Do Some Foods You Buy. Taste Of Fish?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
UJ, l have never heard of Huss and l don’t think l have seen it on sale anywhere?
The bones in fish never bother me but some people won’t eat the rest of the fish if they find a bone!!
Huss, or rock salmon is a dogfish - a member of the shark family. An ugly looking thing, but as UJ says it is very good to eat. We don't seem to get a lot of it oop north, but in the south it is sold a lot.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 05:15 PM

Have to agree , Huss , rock salmon, dogfish, best fish from the chippy IMO because you get such a thick juicy loin of fish, unlke the thin bits of cod and haddock served these days
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Have to agree , Huss , rock salmon, dogfish, best fish from the chippy IMO because you get such a thick juicy loin of fish, unlke the thin bits of cod and haddock served these days
Missy, It’s not available in my local fish and chip shop. I have never, ever heard anyone say, ‘ Huss and chips, Please’!!
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 05:37 PM

I caught a Cod the other day that tasted of tomatoes and the day before a Haddock that tasted of cheese and onion crisps, my mate ate a Pollack that tasted of Best Bitter said after that he felt quite tipsy..
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
I caught a Cod the other day that tasted of tomatoes and the day before a Haddock that tasted of cheese and onion crisps, my mate ate a Pollack that tasted of Best Bitter said after that he felt quite tipsy..
basser, That’s funny, Cod tasting of tomatoes!!
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
basser, That’s funny, Cod tasting of tomatoes!!
that's one I threw back
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 07:56 PM

I don't like some white fish, they say it's cod but it's a load of pollocks, too chewy!
I don't find things taste fishy but I do find some foods taste sweeter than they should.
redhatmamma
New Member!
Canada
redhatmamma is female 

13-01-2018, 09:30 PM

I've never noticed veggies smelling of fish at all but wouldn't be surprised if our fish was being replaced with Chinese farmed basa which I will not knowingly eat.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 10:55 PM

Art, just a thought, but are you taking any medicines at the mo, or suplements maybe?
Just wondered, because I know some medications can alter our taste buds.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

13-01-2018, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Art, just a thought, but are you taking any medicines at the mo, or suplements maybe?
Just wondered, because I know some medications can alter our taste buds.
Mups, All I take is one blood pressure tablet each morning and a vitamin D tablet.

You google, ‘tomatoes tasting of fish’ and it seems lots of people are saying the same!
I usually buy loose tomatoes but these fishy ones were six in a pack from Asda.
I think the growers must use fish fertiliser?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top