Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 07:53 PM

Re: Should we give money to China,Brazil and India?

Stop all payments and put our own house in order. They will still get money from charitable donations for those who want to give.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 09:10 PM

It was made law I think.
I can understand how we send aid so that the very poor and children can have vaccinations against disease and basic medical care, clean water to drink and help to grow their own food.
I think however as per usual the money goes to the wrong people and places.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 10:32 PM

Please give generously.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 10:40 PM

All foreign aid should stop except perhaps to those in dire need. We can't keep pumping out obscene amounts of aid to countries that don't deserve or indeed don't actually need it while those at home are being left short. That aid money could go a long way to sorting out the funding to the NHS and towards a programme of house building.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 04:57 PM

Once again the Government are thinking of reducing this too generous aid. 'Actions speak louder than words' They have known for years that it is being abused and going to the wrong people especially Dictators who then buy Airplanes build Mansions and buy a Rolls Royce, and send their many wives to Paris and Harrods for designer clothes, and £5,000 00 Handbags.

It is disgraceful when people in this country are in dire need and and N H S is in Chaos.

It is like taking food from a baby and giving it to an able bodied man

By all means help people worldwide in distress, but we do not need to be Father Christmas bearing gifts every day
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
It was made law I think.
I can understand how we send aid so that the very poor and children can have vaccinations against disease and basic medical care, clean water to drink and help to grow their own food.
I think however as per usual the money goes to the wrong people and places.
Of course it does. Otherwise we'd be tripping over fields of water pumps by now.

You do know we also give Pakistan around 800 million per year? Despite the fact it's a terrorist haven and training ground - Bin Laden found there etc. They also have a nuclear programme.
We should not be giving that hell hole 1p..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Our foreign Aid budget is £13 Billion

We give £46 million to China
£54 million to Brazil
And goodness how much to India -a country that has its own space program

IMO we should drastically reduce Foriegn Aid and put the money into the NHS.
I completely agree - as long as there is some control over what the NHS do with it. I worked for them for years and they are known to waste money.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We should stop ALL Aid until we sort ourselves out. It's so obvious.
Precisely !
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 09:25 AM

There are 11 million children who live on the streets in India, fending for themselves... and that upsets me!
Many of these children are abandoned by family, live in appalling conditions and get no education.

I wonder how much of the foreign aid , that we give to India, helps these children? ( I suspect that none if it does!)
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 10:34 AM

As soon as we stop foreign aid, which I have said for years, these these countries receiving it will be forced to provide aide to their own people instead of getting vast handouts.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top