Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 12:18 AM

Re: Returning a squirrel to the wild

Surely it's the wrong time of year ! Bloody freezing out there and he won't know how to make a den or even where to make a den or find food at this time of year. I'd be asking a vet , although I also thought it was an offence to have squirrels as pets, but could be wrong.

There could also be a problem of it being a stranger in the camp too. They do attack outsiders and that wouldn't be nice.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Surely it's the wrong time of year ! Bloody freezing out there and he won't know how to make a den or even where to make a den or find food at this time of year. I'd be asking a vet , although I also thought it was an offence to have squirrels as pets, but could be wrong.

There could also be a problem of it being a stranger in the camp too. They do attack outsiders and that wouldn't be nice.
Absolutely.
The squirrel will need to learn how to socialize, communicate and relate to other squirrels or it will be killed by the dominant squirrel in the area.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 01:27 AM

One of our squirrels was caught crossing the Sydney Harbour Bridge. He was arrested (eventually).

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top