Join for free
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 08:22 PM

Re: Tom Jones what a creep

Once they've turned 18 (or 16 in Scotland) they have no obligation to them at all.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 08:32 PM

There is a moral obligation to look after ones flesh and blood .
Moreover this is a flesh and blood created by a selfish act of adultery .
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 08:38 PM

Tom's probably got a dozen children running around, mostly adults now.

I don't get the moral obligation part.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 10:30 PM

Don't forget the mother of this chap also had a one-night stand. How many times have we read about young women groupies and such, who get pregnant by someone well known as means of a meal ticket?
Sounds harsh I know, but what do we know about what really happened?

I don't know if she was single or not, but another angle is, some women do not ever want to see the ex-lover again.
They will accept his money and maintenance payments, but don't want him in their life, especially if they have met someone else by then.

For all we know, maybe it was the mother herself who kept T.J. away from her baby son? Maybe he would have seen him occasionally if he had been allowed - we don't know.

Also, for all we know, maybe it was a condition set by Tom's wife, that she would forgive him as long as he stayed away from the woman. That's feasible.

LIke I said in the beginning - much to consider, and we don't know both sides.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 10:43 PM

Sex bomb is a great song but that's the only interesting thing about TJ IMO. He has a great voice but I never fancied him.

Frank Sinatra on the other hand I could talk about for hours, listen to for days, watch for an eternity...
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Don't forget the mother of this chap also had a one-night stand. How many times have we read about young women groupies and such, who get pregnant by someone well known as means of a meal ticket?
Sounds harsh I know, but what do we know about what really happened?

I don't know if she was single or not, but another angle is, some women do not ever want to see the ex-lover again.
They will accept his money and maintenance payments, but don't want him in their life, especially if they have met someone else by then.

For all we know, maybe it was the mother herself who kept T.J. away from her baby son? Maybe he would have seen him occasionally if he had been allowed - we don't know.

Also, for all we know, maybe it was a condition set by Tom's wife, that she would forgive him as long as he stayed away from the woman. That's feasible.

LIke I said in the beginning - much to consider, and we don't know both sides.
This entirely.........
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 11:49 PM

Thank you fender.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 08:55 AM

I find TJ totally repulsive with more ego than talent.

As for anything else - I agree with Mups!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 09:46 AM

Yes I agree with Mups too. Actually I like Tom Jones I love his stories about the people he has worked with when he is on The Voice.

Actually I know a person who is in this position, it's easy to moralise about it but as Mups says there are two sides to every story.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 10:25 AM

Thing is there are many people who have behaved in this way and have looked after their children .
Yes he is a man now and should not need anything from his biological father .
One wonders if he had been treated kindly would he react in this way .
You do hear of children ( not of well known people ) who still wonder and long for their biological parents )
It's not the act of adultery it's the consequences that seem to been visited on the only innocent one in the equation the child.
Perhaps there is something in the old saying re the sins of the father

Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top